Thursday, June 23, 2022

Planning and the nature trail (Not too natural. )

  Today’s automobile:

Customized 1950 Ford. Things like this I drooled over as a teenager, but could not afford it of course.. LOL

 

Note: Thanks Betty for the answer to my quandary about The Night Rider and Kit. I had forgotten completely.

Some thoughts for today:

We purchased a tablet a couple years ago, thinking we would use it to replace one of our PCs. That has not worked out.  I just plugged it in to charge the battery.  I am hoping a new start will produce better results.

We are taking a few days into the mountains and don’t want to transfer EVERYTHING to the coach.  This is when we both say, it was easier when we lived in it full time.  Of course it was.  We both miss it.  Folks do not understand the feeling, but to us it is sort of a FREEDOM.

Folks ask me if I carry tools. I smile. I have enough tools to overhaul an engine or build a house, true dat.

Anyway, I hope for a few days we can make it with 2 cell phones and a tablet. LOL  That is without a RELAPSE of some kind.

I have been working on my little nature trail.  This is the latest additions.


The tree in the middle of the trail I envision being the height tree. The left side is white to mark the kids heights. There is a spot in the basement that has been used over 25 years. The great grand's now reaching the early marks of the grand's.


Froggy taking a bath

 

Reroute to make the trail easier on a little tractor.

 

I washed and Painted some rocks to lay along the trail, some with SOLID GOLD veins (LOL).

 

Then two huge nuggets, in case we decide to sell, that should increase the value. HA!

 No patterns, just fun... 

NiteShipslog

PS:

“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ― Dr. Seuss

6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a nice nature trail you have. Enjoy your trip to the mountains. Keep cool.

Gary Wood said...

I like your "Trail", They are nice these "Pathways" to adventure ! Weather warmed up, tpoday it is Hot and Humid, we got out another Air Conditioned and now have 2 running to cool down this 925 sq ft Bungalow !! I have a wooded pathway I will have to post pictures of. We sold everything once back in 2007 and moved from 31 Wilna Avenue into "Senior Citizen Housing, We were there 12 long years and I said, "That's Enough" and we bought the house next door at 33 Wilna Ave !!! Much Happier, Fewer People but more to do ! Yellow Jackets sting, I do not like them nor Hornets or Mud Dubbers !! You and Sherry behave, Love from the North Country, Gary an Anna Mae

Mevely317 said...

What fun embellishments adding to the nature trail! I remember my grandmother having a Height Chart behind a door in her farmhouse kitchen. Each summer I'd love to run and stand there while she used a #2 pencil to mark my progress.

The g-grands are going to have such fun looking for gold! I wonder who's going to have more fun ... you or them?

Enjoy your getaway!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

How creative and lovely you are doing all this work in the nature trail. I'm sure it will be much loved and appreciated.

Did you know the early tablets were not electrically operated? Ask Moses. He had two and he broke them, silly man. He had to get a couple more to replace them.

God bless.

yaya said...

How fun is that trail! You just gave me some fun ideas for our little 4 acres of woods with it's trails! Great way to spruce it up...get it, Whispering Pines and spruce? Ha! Have a good weekend Jack and Sherry. I'm off to Chicago
to help my sister for a week or so. I totally get the idea of living in and traveling in a motor home. That would be total freedom!

betty said...

You're welcome Jack :) What fun to go to the mountains for a getaway! I hope you guys have a great time! I like your nature trail, especially the pole marking the heights of now the great grand kids!

betty