Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Toilets

Today’s automobile:

If Paula was still around she would recognize this Well drilling rig.  She and Mel has one beside their home for years.


 Some thoughts for today:

Anyone familiar with the military knows someone must clean the toilets. In the Army and Air Force they are called ‘Latrines.’  In the USMC, USN and Coast Guard they are called “Heads.”

These Latrines and Heads are cleaned by the lower ranking enlisted personnel, usually E-3 and below. As most folks who read this ‘mess’ I write know that I spent a little over 20 years in the service of our country. Since I started three times at the bottom of the ladder I have a total of 8 years as an E-3 and below, so I know a lot about cleaning toilets!  LOL  I am a professional!!

One of the first things I do when we return to our home base after months, is check the commodes. You know one sitting for months accumulates ‘dinge’, I quickly clean all of them using a brush and Ajax.  I did not get a brush for the first few years I used a rag, cleaner and my hands. LOL (no, I did not have rubber gloves).  I call all cleaners Ajax, even if it is Comet, etc; that was the first cleaner I remember. LOL

Funny how names stick, I still say ‘dish rag and Ice box’ at times, I am sure that dates me.  I am feeling some better, THIS MORNING Sherry ‘THREATENED ME!”  i.e. Do not go in the woods nor get on the lawn mower!

(She knows I still recognize orders come from my Commanding Officer!)

Closing with the village cats.

Same feeding, different angle. They must have the same feeding order every time. /the blacks are the book ends or cookies on the Oreo. LOL

NiteShipslog

PS:  A few get this: ..

. “A smile is the universal welcome.” – Max Eastman

6 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Ajax! THAT's what I forgot to get while at the store! Some years ago in Florida I had a neighbor/snow bird who -- before they'd head back north for the summer -- she'd stretch Sarah Wrap across the tops of the toilet bowls.

Now I'm wondering how the kitties know in which order to line up?

Glad to know your commanding officer is still watching over you. Y'all be good!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I am so glad you are feeling better, Jack. Hooray! Prayers work.

Take care always. God bless you and Sherry.

betty said...

Glad you are feeling better, Jack! Now be mindful of Sherry because she is only looking out for you!! I can't imagine cleaning toilets that don't belong to me, lol. Guess I'm spoiled :)

betty

Sandy said...

Yes someone has to clean the toilets/heads whatever we call them. Being away sometimes you get leaks because the gaskets dry out and or crack due to water evaporation. That's the extend of plumbing expertise, lol. You are doing what hubby says he wants to do when he retires. Trouble is, he keeps not retiring and is past the age I told him I was willing to do that. I am retired, but one of the pluses from Covid is it taught him (and others) that you can work without being physically in the office. So, we do travel a lot and sometimes for a good period of time; but he is still working.

Thank you for your service. Popped in from a mutual blog friends blog. It's always fun to meet new bloggers, do swing by for a visit.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

If you have allergies and not a cold, you may have to start wearing a mask when you go out to mow the lawn. Glad you are feeling better and that Sherry takes such good care of you. You do a good job of listening to her !

Susan Kane said...

We used the out house for the first two year of living. Dad called it the head, we thought nothing of it. Take it easy, recover.

Did you have a cat or more that you watched over?