Friday, June 3, 2022

In The Palmetto State

Memorable car of the day:

 

And this is not even Cadillac Ranch!!

For today:

An uneventful trip so far for us.  Meaning no blowouts, I did not hit any cars or trucks and Sherry didn’t get a traffic ticket.

WE are at Point South RV Park. Usually we cannot get in because it if full. But today they had a long spot. I put no awnings out and did not disconnect the car, so tomorrow the get-away should be pretty fast. As soon as we landed Sherry reported to son JJr and threw together some delicious tuna salad and egg salad.

Welllll,,,,,There was ONE EVENT, there was the little thing of a robbery in Brunswick, Georgia. No guns were used by Diesel pump #14, but this is how much he took!

69 Gallons @ $380.00

Fortunately He took less from me than the previous victim. This is the amount he lost. LOL

This is what I saw before I reset it: $495.00 for 85 gallons.


We will fill up one more time, hopefully it won’t be this much. LOL……..  OUCH! L

We should be with the ferals late today, and Hydi.. ;-)

Y’all be safe…

 

Nite Shipslog

PS: Gotta remember this!!!

“Philosophy is common sense with big words.” – James Madison

 

 

 

6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You found a pretty place to stop for the night. Here I was feeling bad at spending 50.00 to fill my car up yesterday. That's nothing compared to your fill up. Glad you are almost home and it won't cost you a whole lot more two make its there. It certainly discourages me from traveling far. Hopefully you'll be staying put for awhile.

betty said...

Wow with the cost of fuel! That indeed was "highway robbery!" Hubby paid $5.69 a gallon yesterday here (he gets the medium grade). That's the highest we ever paid for gas (so far). I "dread" going to California in a couple of weeks to see what we will pay there. Those tuna and egg salad sandwiches sound so good! I love tuna but it doesn't love me (gives me heartburn lol :)

Safe travels for when you head out towards home tomorrow!

betty

Lisa said...

WOW. Pretty sad when it’s cheaper to stay somewhere than it is to get there.
I hope it dont get any worst on us. But sadly, they say it will.

Welcome home
Lisa

Mevely317 said...

OUCH(!) indeed! I'm loving the sticker on the pump face. I think Tom paid $4.35 last time he filled up; it's sure a sad state of affairs.

Pity I just had lunch. Sherry's tuna and egg salad sound wonderfully refreshing!
Safe travels!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Take care on the road, my friend. Tuna and egg salad sounds so nice too.

Bon voyage. God bless.

yaya said...

Glad you are on your way home and are safe with no issues...except that highway robbery at the tank! Wow! You might have to re-enlist to pay those travel bills!