Friday, June 17, 2022

Just thinking (I'm sorry)

  Today’s automobile:

 If the USA was a car, it would look like this after paying the National Debt!


 Some thoughts for today:

According to the national news on the internet, we Americans are driving just as much and paying 2-3 times the amount per gallon as we were 2 years ago.

I despise debt.  Whether it is mine of the governments. I hate to see my taxes going to interest on the national debt.

Soooo imma thinking Hey, we are used to paying say $2 more a gallon, why not for one year add $2 per gallon to our gas and diesel and put it to the national debt.  I was sure we used that much fuel here in the USA,  Guess what?

I did some figures, the National Debt is nearing 23.3 trillion $.  The US uses about 180 billion gallons of gas/diesel a year. I will have to ask my grandsons and JJr to check the figures.  My idea is a joke (Not a HAHA joke!), if my figures are right. We would have to raise the price per gallon to about $135.00 a gallon to pay off the debt. That is $5 a gallon plus $130.00 in tax to pay off $23.3 Trillion Dollars in a year.

What in the name of common sense were our politicians thinking about? ALL of them both Dems and Reps!  Evidently NONE of them thought we would EVER pay off the national debt. I am flabbergasted. I thought The debt could be paid off.  I just did not know how much $23.3 Trillion was. ?????  I bet none of you guys will make a trillion $ this year!!!!

Check this out President Clinton was the last president to Balance the budget and pay some on the much smaller Nat’l debt.

President Clinton's two terms in office: He had budget surpluses for fiscal years 1998–2001, the only such years from 1970 to 2018. Clinton's final four budgets were balanced budgets with surpluses, beginning with the 1997 budget.  Nat’l debt 5.8 billion dollars.

I did not appreciate President Clinton’s character, but he did work across the aisle and got cooperation.  We need that today.

SORRY GUYS, I thought you would love to throw some figures around in your head. LOL

 

NiteShipslog

PS:  I am sure this is true…!:

“A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward

5 comments:

betty said...

It is too bad we just can't wipe out that debt and start over, lol. We're never going to pay it down and if we have to borrow money from other countries in order to do so, that would be a disaster. I don't have any solutions, I just know this is something that our children, grandchildren and the like will be dealing with for a very long time :(

betty

Susie said...

Maybe anyone running for political office should be forced to take some financial classes. Gaaa. We once were a great nation, I guess. Blessings, keep thinking boy. xoxo, Susie

Unknown said...

I sure would love to have former President Clinton running the country right about now. He's older so he wouldn't be so distracted, if you know what I mean. I think he'd set this country to rights. As for the National debt? That'll never be paid. Not in many lifetimes I fear.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm sure someone could figure out a way to reduce the debt. Not me, I was lucky to get myself out of debt. One thing I learned is you cannot spend money, you don't have. You'd think they'd know that by now. With interest rates going up, we're never going to see it happen it seems people will only get deeper in debt.

Susan Kane said...

Clinton (for all his difficulties) is and very very intelligent man. I was amazed when he accomplished.

You really nailed the debt issue. What will happen next.