Saturday, June 11, 2022

Justice for the cats

 Today’s automobile:

 'Coon in the Car'



 Some thoughts for today:

Mr. Raccoon has been bothering the cats. One of the black ones has lost an eye. So I decided to fix Raccoon for dinner for the cats, I thought that would be justice.

First I trapped the dude.

I took his clothes off:



Tried to stretch the skin:

Then I started the charcoal and decided to grill Mr. Raccoon.

I don't know how long to cook coon so I just burned it...... Then tried to get the kitties to try it, so far nada.

I don’t think I can make a coon skin cap, but tomorrow I will salt down the skin and try to scrape it.

Anyway Imma see if the cats will enjoy the raccoon! Well that is a joke. the Mama and Tom both ate a tiny piece.  So I threw it away.  Later they both were out looking where I had the meat, and looking like, "Where is it?"   Oh well it is the thought that counts.  LOL

My neighbor Richard said I should've boiled it first then grilled it, other wise it is too tough...  Live and learn...

NiteShipslog

PS:  A few get this:

“I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I’m an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after.” – Cat Stevens

7 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Okay, this CITY GIRL is trying not to be sick. (LOL) Good things I'm not a boy, huh?
Reminds me of the time our neighbors invited a crowd for steak -- I remember thinking it was one of the worst-tasting I ever experienced. Later I remembered Larry and his sons were big deer hunters and put two and two together.

betty said...

Oh my goodness! Something I didn't think I would ever see on someone's blog! Sounded like an interesting experiment you did, Jack. I hope with the high prices of food these days raccoon does not become a staple on some people's dinner table!! So sad about the cat losing an eye to the raccoon though :(

betty

yaya said...

Raccoons are very pesty and if you have cats with outdoor food you can be sure one will show up to make trouble or eat cat food. As for cooking the little beast I'll just say...ummm...I guess justice was served NC style!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You should have served him with Béarnaise sauce - clarified butter emulsified in egg yolks and white wine vinegar and flavoured with herbs. A bit like Hollandaise sauce but easier to make. Also roast potatoes, and perhaps mint peas with a knob of butter.

God bless.

Woody said...

Nice Job on the "Skinning" ! Racoon is a very Clean Animal, they wash their food before they eat it and all one has to be careful of is those Scent Glands !! We are drying out now from all the rain ! I hope you keep those Kitties safe, You and Sherry Behave !!!! Sending down Love and Prayers from the Far North !!! Gary and Anna Mae

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Oh my, I guess you taught that raccoon a lesson. They are pesky and can be mean too. Sorry your kitty suffered from it. Now it's gone. Good for you !

Eileen in Fla. said...

I think I'm going to have to stop reading your blog. Too many gross or upsetting things. Who need that?