Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Ouch but also a smile

 Today’s automobile:

1952 Kaiser Traveler


 Some thoughts for today:

I found something yesterday, NOT a treasure, but part of life and nature. I found a Yellow Jacket nest, the hard way.  I only got stung once, and that was enough to know they meant for me to BACK OFF! I was working on my little nature trail.  Since it is in the middle of the trail I will have to insist they move. I can’t have one of the Great Grands finding them also.

I have some memories of Yellow Jackets and Hornets. Well Sherry has one about Hornets, OUCH in capitals!

As a child I did see a kid covered with yellow jackets. A Hero, a fast thinking teacher grabbed the kid and rushed him over to a creek that ran by our school. He soused the kid into the water awhile brushing the jackets away. He was stunk many times himself, but saved the boy’s life I am sure. The kid spent a couple days in the hospital.

Once in the mountains we had crossed a swinging bridge to visit my sister. Jack Jr. started yelling. He had been stung by a hornet. Sherry dashed across the bridge, stirring the hornets more and under her dress they went. Modesty went to the wind, she was stung several times… OUCH.

 Well yesterday afternoon Sherry and I were out in the picnic area. I was deciding how to convince the Yellow Jackets to move and was waiting for evening. The kittens caught our eye, they were learning they could climb trees.

I have heard cats cannot back down a tree, but I have learned they can. The Kittens had a ball climbing and coming back down.

These walked over to the Motor Home and  fell dead asleep after that work out.

NiteShipslog

PS:

“Just for today, smile a little more.” — James A. Murphy

 

6 comments:

betty said...

That is hard work for a kitty to climb up and down trees! Good exercise though! Ouch indeed with the sting! Good thing it was you, Jack, and not the great grands that got stung! (You know what I mean). I only got stung once by a bee or something. That was enough for me!

betty

Mevely317 said...

YIKES! I only encountered the wrong end of a bee once ... but that was enough. Evil things. Props to Sherry for going to JJ's aid; that teacher, too!

yaya said...

Ouch! I had a crazy meet and greet with a hornets nest. I only got stung once but that was enough. Those kittens are so cute. People worry about cats not getting down from trees but have you ever seen any dead cats in trees? Nope. They figure out how to get down. Or just call 911!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I blame it on Noah. What was he thinking taking those creatures on his boat?

Yellow jackets, or wasps in the UK, can be very dangerous. Years ago I found a nest inside the greenhouse. In my hurry to leave I forgot the door slides open and not like a normal door.

God bless.

Susan Kane said...

We have had wasps and yellow jackets in our life. All bad for sure.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I found out that yellow jackets like to nest in the ground too. I once walked into a swarm of them and was stung up very bad. My grandmother put a paste of baking soda and water on them. They not only stung, they ached. They say you have to burn the nest to get rid of them. Nasty creatures for sure. Glad the kittens didn't get stung while they were playing around .