Saturday, June 18, 2022

It ain't never gonna be like it WAS! (I guess that is okay)

  Today’s automobile:

 

That 1950 Nash, referred to as the upside down bathtub.

 Some thoughts for today:

Time, I fuss about time passing too fast. Before I know it Christmas will be here. Then a few weeks later I will be another year older. We still have 24 hours in a day and 7 days in a week. Maybe it because I now have 6 Saturdays and one Sunday, that I look at things different.  Of course it is not only this OLD MAN, but more and more I hear old folks saying the same thing.

WE wish TV programs made since like they used to.  There was Andy Griffin and I Love Lucy. Of course most guys love Gun Smoke, Raw Hide and Bonanza.

Do kids still go to the movies on Saturday?  I remember the ‘continuing serials’ that kept me coming back, a cartoon and a comedy the main event.

WE want things back like they were. VERY FEW mamas and dads drove their kids to some ‘sports practice’.  If we wanted to play ball we did.  No games were scheduled, and besides I might have preferred going fishing.

WE seldom can go home to die anymore, be are carted off to some Hospice outfit.  Before someone gets upset, I Understand schedules and fully working families DO NOT have the time.  But lately Sherry’s Brother chose to not return to a hospital or hospice but stay home until the end, he did.  His daughters and wife could be with him off and on 24/7. He left this earth on his terms. I was sorta proud of the old Green Beret guy.

Janet and Vernon (SGT Harris) in happier times, the way things were!

Ok I quit. Enough for this entry. I am not even going to say the Hot Dogs used to be much better because the cook took time to ‘steam the buns’, LOL

NiteShipslog

PS:  Think!:

. “Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available.” — Jim Beggs

7 comments:

betty said...

I'm not sure if kids still go to the movies on Saturdays. Not sure there are too many children movies out these days! Time does seem to go by faster as we get older. Even the work week seems to fly by. It is Monday and before I know it, it is Friday afternoon. I hope you have a great Father's Day, Jack!

betty

Susie said...

Maybe our time goes faster , cause we sleep later and go to bed earlier. LOL I like you, once I retired, my calendar became 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday. Hot-dogs, OMG . I eat two a year. One at my daughter's 5th grade picnics and one on the 4th of July. Now this year, I just get one hot dog, because my daughter didn't have a picnic for her class. That's probably one more than anyone ever needs to eat. Blessings to you and Sherry, xoxo, Susie

Mevely317 said...

Well, it happened again ... my comment just went "poof"!
At any rate, Happy Father's Day, Jack!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Same here, Mevely. Two comments made on this post have vanished.

God bless.

yaya said...

Yep Jack, there's no going back in time but I'm glad I lived when we had those TV shows and Saturday movies! We still do watch those shows on "Me TV" and enjoy them even more now that we're older! I hope you had nice Father's Day and enjoy your week of Saturdays! I do know that my Grandparents all passed away at home because there weren't many other places to go and families did live together more than they do today. What's funny is, many have huge homes and still can't house the elderly. Oh well, everyone's lives are different and I can't judge. Take care Jack and Sherry!

Susan Kane said...

Time is something that floats, is hard to grab and impossible to put in a pocket.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Not all things used to be better and I'm enjoying the improvements that have been made. Our memories always show the best side of things. We forget the bad. Hope you enjoyed your Father's Day weekend !