Saturday, June 11, 2022

Friends

 Today’s automobile:

 

Ahhhh, I owuld love to have this in my basement to play with!


 Some thoughts for today:

BUT 1st a note: I grew up skinning animals for food, my parents did before me. I just forgot.... It is not everyone's cup a tea..... nor way of life.  Of course it isn't ours amhy more... ;-)

Now for this....

I have a friend named Ed. He is a lifelong acquaintance ot Sherry & her family. His birthday is next week.  We took him out for dinner last night and enjoyed the evening.

He has had some very serious health problems but has fought back steady. He nearly died of this crazy Covid and took time to tell us about his month of fighting it. He is a widower and lives alone, so last Sept he fought a lone with stuff delivered to his door because he could not leave.

Friends are hard to come by, it was a great evening. At this age friends are becoming less in number. It is good to see the fight is still there.

Friends are special.

Life is good. Take care and BE a Friend when you can.

Mama cat.  Hard to think she is Stormy's daughter.

NiteShipslog

PS:  We really need to know this:

.¨Use your smile to change the world but don’t let the world change your smile.¨ — Unknown

 

5 comments:

Mevely317 said...

What good friends you are to that poor gentleman! How I admire his spirit; I can't imagine fighting off Covid (or any other serious disease) by oneself.
So true, by the time we discover who our true friends are, their numbers seem to be shrinking.

PS - I think food always tastes better when enjoyed in the company of friends.

betty said...

Good for Ed for recovering from Covid himself! That had to be so hard for him though! It is a good reminder for us to try to be a friend to those who are struggling with this or that. While of course we wouldn't want to be around someone who was sick, we still can provide a meal for them or help bring in groceries or the like. Glad you had a chance to spend some time with him, Jack and Sherry!

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for Ed and for you and yours.

True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends; but in their worth and choice.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So happy your friend survived and could join you for dinner. Yes, living alone we learn to appreciate help from others. My daughter and son brought me groceries when I couldn't go out. I didn't have covid but tried to stay in and safe as much as possible. So thankful for friends and my family who help me out. I'm truly never alone. HUGS AND SMILES from Ohio!

Lisa said...

Dinner with friends is the best. Listen to their stories are even better. Glad he won the fight against Covid.

From over here
Lisa