Monday, June 6, 2022

Still cleaning up

 Today’s automobile:

 

 Some thoughts for today:

Still catching up with the yard woods work. We did get some friend time with Don and Evelyn this morning. We took some biscuits down there and enjoyed a great visit. She is healing well in the hip area.

 Leaving a home place for 6-7 months at a time messes with your mind.  You actually forget where your silverware drawer is. AND the coach has one entrance door. I built this place with 6 entrances if you count the garage doors. I have to think, where is my sock drawer?

I have to think, where is the plastic storage containers?

Part of it is age of course, but it all makes me think of an assisted living place.  Then I say, “Yeah jack a super idea, now what do you do with all your stuff?  What do you do with thousands of photos?  Where are you gonna play?

So I put it back on the back burner.

WE had drop in visitors.  Here is Jack Wiley,  I was still thinking he was a baby, but OH, he is into everything. He loves to explore cabinets:

Maverick was into construction. There is a huge building project beside their home. The workers saw him watching. He now has an orange vest and hard hat and other stuff thanks to the workers seeing him and his play trucks, etc. On this visit I learned he loves trains too:

 So in my stuff we dug out a train set. His aunt and uncles (our older grands) played with it in our basement when they were kids. Here is Mav:

Mama cat is still standoffish except at feeding time, but I do get to pet her some. Tom is no problem, he loves the petting.

NiteShipslog

PS:  A few get this: ..

“Common sense is in spite of, not as the result of education.” – Victor Hugo

6 comments:

Mevely317 said...

That's good to hear Evelyn is recovering nicely! I know Tom did well in that department -- and now it looks like the other side's due for replacement. At least it's not the knee; we've heard that's a longer, tougher journey back to wellness.

Those boys are adorable; doing what boys do best. Hard to believe Maverick is already 3?! That's a sweet gesture on the part of those construction workers, making a little guy feel important!

JoyM said...

Thanks for writing your posts - I read them all. What a delight to have the little ones visit and play just as their parents did.
Joy (my blog disappeared suddenly (avintagegreen) last November)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

"Common sense is not as common as we think!" Victor Moubarak

It's so good to be with family and friends ... and cats. Enjoy Jack, enjoy.

God bless you and yours.

Glenda said...

Those kiddos are precious! But, y'all know THAT!!! Love from Chobee,
Glenda

betty said...

Spending time with family is always a blessing! They certainly are adorable!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you are enjoying being at home again. It would be a big adjustment after living in the coach. I never leave my house for more than a few days, and still I cannot find everything. I'm like that old joke about being wonder Woman. I wonder where I put that. You are definitely not ready for senior living, You'd be bored to death. I enjoyed the pictures of your little one's visit there. They sure do fill our lives with a lot of joy!w