Friday, September 10, 2010

Life has changed!






Life in the free world is forever changed. There were other people who died in planes that day, but the twin towers is what stands out.



We are infidels, we deserve to die, is the cry of some misguided zealots.
But we have withstood all that has been thrown at us. We who are free mean to remain free. Today we fly our flags with pride.
We usually fly our flags when we park. I am one who gets cold chills when I hear the National Anthem. I swell with pride when I see out flag. I know my friends from the free world feel the same about thier Anthem and flag. Long may they wave.



But today I am thinking about ours. It has been raised after many battles. I hope it will always be raised in victory to stand for freedom.
















Today we think of America as a whole. We refer to the Free world because many nations have lost innocents to the Terrorists who claim a directive from God.
Today, I declare again my Allegience to this flag. I like my fellow military brothers and sisters have sworn to protect with my life.
Let Freedom RING! God bless America and God bless the free world. MY prayer also is that EVERYONE FROM EVERY RELIGION, FROM EVERY CULTURE,WHO WANTS PEACE WILL cry out against terror.
Nothing was gained thru an attack on this country on 9/11 by the terrorists. As one general said many years ago, after an attack on free people, "We have awaken a sleeping giant!"
Thanks for coming by the log.
Nite Shipslog
PS:
Say a prayer for the families who are still hurting from all terrorists attacks at home and abroad.

15 comments:

Paula said...

A touching entry Jack and Sherry. My prayers do go out to the people you mentioned and I say "Thank You" to you and all who have served in the military then and now.

betty said...

may we also come to truly know God who gave us the freedom we have here so we can learn to truly love each other like Jesus loves us and by that love not allow senseless acts of terror happen again.....


betty

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

My heart g0es with all the families wh0 suffered much pain,may G0d give them the wisd0m t0 f0rgive and f0rget my family was t0o a victim of ter0rist pe0ple and I kn0w the feeling t0 lose s0me0ne unexpectedly,may g0d bless the w0rld and all of us! ..

~mel said...

AMEN!

Y said...

Are you and Sherry up for singing "This is my Country?" I love the way you show us our America as you travel.

Fred Alton said...

I'm thankful (and proud) to be an American! I'll never forget that phone call coming into Yaounde, Cameroon from Frances - saying that "They've bombed New York!!!" I was in the 7th week of a ministry trip into several countries of Africa, teaching a Bible Class to a small group. It was strange - but I felt perfect peace in the face of an un-certain future. I somehow "knew" that God was in control. What has made America so great? The faith of our fathers! God Bless America.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

My flag is out and waving in the breeze. I am proud to be an American!

Rose said...

Today is a sad day with somber memories of that aweful day.

I pray for the lives that were lost and for their families that continue to live in pain without them.

It is so frightening to even think about. I recall the day so vividly and where I was and what I was doing and how scared I was.

Hugs, Rose

shirl72 said...

I pray for the families that lost members in the 9/11 attack. I am proud to be an American. GOD BLESS AMERICA the land that I love.

Shirl

Anonymous said...

terrorists must be disabled whether or not hiding behind a religion.. SAM

Anonymous said...

Guess it can only be life and hope, which might be able to continue. Please have you all a good Sunday.

Lucy said...

All I can say is what a true display. It truly is etched in my mind. Good that other thoughts take over or I would be overwhelmed by the loss of life, so wrong.

Lindie said...

I have been watching the History channel today. We should not forget.

Dar said...

Without the sacrifice of our brothers and sisters defending our free-dom, and the Love of our LORD, we would not be free. We truely do live in a wonderful country tho, troubled at times, will prevail as always, with the guidance of God.
Amen to your wonderful tribute. You are a true American and I am proud to know your heart.
BlessYourHeartsJackAndSherry

Anonymous said...

thanks again, to sherry and jack, the greatest.- sam wonderful photos. sam