Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sleigh Bells ring,


Are you listening?

Funny how we down south get thrilled when we get snow and that song starts us thinking of Christmas. Now that Sheila lives up in (or near) Raleigh, we will get more snow in North Carolina. Since she is famous for the snow dance!!! Okay I had better correct that, the folks we leave in NC will get more snow.
(Below is our yhandsome youngest Grandson, Luke Vegas.)

We were at the location where ‘Winter Wonderland’ was inspired . ( if I remember right we were). It was in Nova Scotia at Yarmouth?

Felix Bernard wrote Winter Wonderland and it is known all over North America, I think it is the Sleigh Bells ringing that does it!! That song gets the heart to pumping and ready for Christmas, the most wonderful time of the year.


So today I played in the mud. Sheet rock mud that is. I did a little patch work for a job Mark is doing, his Dry Wall man is sick. The job happened to be for old speaking friends. She was a teller in the first bank I done business with as a builder. Both are easy going, and had been ripped off by a ‘friend’ who done an addition to their home, and botched the job terribly. Part of the job punctured a hole in the roof and ruined the drywall in their dining room, that was my task today. I sorta enjoyed it.


Back to Christmas….
Sleigh Bell ring are you listening?
In the land Snow is glistening,
we sing a love song as we go along,
walking in a winter wonder land.!!


Thanks for coming this way to read the log,

Nite Shipslog
PS:
When I was a kid getting a foot of snow was a dream come true.
We have folks that post here who get FEETs of snow every winter. It also gets cold there!@!!

9 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is getting colder here in northern Ohio. We've enjoyed some warmer days and now we are on the downhill slide. I don't like snow and would travel south for the winter if the opportunity ever happened. We sometimes do get feet of snow. Thankfully I'm retired now and won't have to travel off to work, but it also means I'm hibernating for the winter too. Glad you had a good day doing some work around there. It was a great day here too.

Sheila Y said...

Oh Jack, we are closer to you than that. We are just a little south of Winston-Salem, in the Village of Clemmons. I have been cleaning and shining and polishing up my snow dance gear...Shirl went shopping to get her a set too so I'll have a snow dance buddy...I think she got you a silver leotard and tights too, don't think she could find the silver shoes in your size...ha.
Take care, Sheila

Sheila Y said...

Forgot to mention, you have a handsome grandson...I think he favors Sherry a little. You have a great bunch of grandkids.
Later, Sheila

Fred Alton said...

Yes Jack, that grandson sure favors Sherry! I know he got his good looks from you - cause Sherry still has hers. Jus' kiddin' of course. We were greeted by a light sleet/rain mix as we got out of the airport in Syracuse, NY this past Friday evening. Nothing significant - but just a little warning that it's colder in NY than in TN!!!

Paula said...

I didn't know you could sing too. The last time we got a good snow someone broke into our house and took our good stuff. Nice looking grandson.

betty said...

your grandson is very handsome indeed!! now I got that song stuck in my head, soon we will be hearing it on the radio! thankfully no snow here though :)

betty

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Glad you got to play in the "mud"...and don't worry the snow will be here soon enough....start practicing the footwork for the "dance".....good look'n young man...!!

Enjoy

Ally Lifewithally said...

Your Grandson is indeed a very handsome young man ~ I loved your pictures of the snow and of course the song ~ I was singing it along as you wrote the words :O) Ally x

shirl72 said...

I have our Dance Gear and ready to start dancing
anytime. I don't think I could go back to work
today. I am enjoying retirement. Good picture
of handsome Luke. Before you leave town you
need to try on your dancing gear to see if it fits. Sheila suggested what type of Dance Gear
to buy. Outfits are really cute.

Shirl