Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Time

For you guys who love quilting, or want inspiration click this:


http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=7lfaSmDxVZQ


(Note ref. hiking: I said my Sherry would support me hiking, means she would meet me at some trail crossings with food, a kiss, take me for a bath and maybe a little loving!)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVELYN, 39 & HOLDING!


NOW,,…Todays entry Christmas time. Fall first….


autumn_010


Ahhhh this is how I see Christmas:


christmas-scene_007


Once we were fortunate to visit Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. While there we learned that Meredith Wilson wrote the song, ‘It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas’ while staying at the Yarmouth Grand Hotel. Looking out at the snow covered cedars. Imma guessing the fact that Santa lives at the North Pole, must conjure up the snow scenes that so depict Christmas.



I are not fussing, we have seen snow on some Christmases', and for a fact they are the ones remembered the most. Some of you cannot remember when you did not see Snow for Christmas. Fact is Frosty the Snowman wouldn’t make it long in Florida, but some of the cards we send out will have pictures of snow, sleighs and snowmen.


It is a great time of the year. Sometimes parents get a little on edge, short tempered of over gifts that need more ‘assembly’ than they thought. And the parts missing. But on that morning or evening, it all comes together for a wonderful fun time. The gifts are relative. The rich kids get one kind of gift, poorer get another kind. BUT in the end they are GIFTS and BLESSINGS that are common at this time of the year.


I Love Christmas! I like the Salvation Army volunteers and the red kettles. I have even learned to say Merry Christmas to the guy/gal when not putting anything in the kettle, Without trying to explain that we gave at the other door or the other store.(LOL).


I went to the post office in Dunnellon the other day and it was the most efficient Post Office I have been in in the last few years. A long line of packages/letters was taken care of in short notice. It was just about a pleasure to wait, watching how efficient they worked.


Thanks for coming by and Merry Christmas to you.


Nite Shipslog


PS:


If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.

-- Mark Twain


************************************


Used to seel bonds in England


This vehicle was used in the UK to sell War Bonds during WWII

9 comments:

~mel said...

I'm beginning to wonder how much snow we're going to have this year for Christmas. The weather man just said our neck of the woods can expect up to an inch or two of rain. That'll knock down what snow we have for sure! Snow or no snow ... it'll still be a wonderful Christmas no matter where you are to celebrate the reason for the season ~ our Dear Savior's Birth!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Snow or no snow it will be cold here . That is certain. Seems more of our really big snows come in January and February, but we really never know.It'll come and I'll shovel it and still say Merry Christmas too. I'll be thinking how nice you all have it there in warm and sunny Florida.

Fred Alton said...

Jack, the picture of the snow-covered house with the cardinals perched atop the fence is what I think of as a "real" Christmasy Christmas! I'm ready for some warmer weather now - but really should not complain as we have 56 degrees right now outside my window. Just right for building a camp-fire.

Lucy said...

Love the picture and hey, you are getting in the spirit. I finished my blog when I got home. I asked a big favor of you but then Joe is so great??? I am sure you would enjoy his company, while I regain my sanity. Lol

Paula said...

Love those cardinals, so pretty.

betty said...

I like how you summed up the presents, Jack; no matter what kind, they are indeed gifts and blessings! That was neat about the efficiency of the post office, even this time of the year!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Wonderful video. Inspirational indeed. i don't know how she does it. I'm through with snow. Would love a Christmas in a warmer climate by a lake. On the other hand, I couldn't write a song like Meredith Wilson wrote if there was no white fluffy stuff. ‘It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas’ is a great little song. The Yarmouth Grand Hotel sounds like a nice place to visit. take care.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of War Bonds. Jim and his brother
Jerry tapped danced on the Court House Steps
singing "Any Bonds Today" to sell Bonds during
the war.

I sure remember the quilting days. The ladies had fun getting together.

I hope Lucy doesn't read about the Snow. I think she has had enough. I would love to see a White Christmas.

Shirl

Amelia said...

It is a busy time of year..

Merry Christmas