Tuesday, December 13, 2011

WE ARE DECORATED

CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 019CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 021CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 020

(ENTRANCE TO THE PARK,SANTA OPENS AND CLOSES THE DOOR TO THE LITTLE RV)

The front dash of our RV, now has our ceramic tree, lights,garland and two beautiful jar decorations made by one of our sweet Nieces.

CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 001CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 024CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 025

The jars are filled with a string of mini lights and a hole drilled into the jar for the power cord. A beautiful scene is painted on the jars. She is very talented.

CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 026CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 027

There are many decorations around the park, some elaborate but most simple. I am amazed at that some folks can carry in their motor homes.

(Other RV’s in the park)CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 009CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 005CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 007

(The Corgi wasn’t walking this trip)

We walk around and visit with a wave and Merry Christmas. We have been stopping to talk to one couple walking their Corgi. Since we know Koda and he has a blog out there in S. California, it is something in common. Koda’s is the only dog blog we follow. We do follow many whose children are dogs, maybe I should say that another way. We follow some blogs that have animal family members.(LOL).

CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 012CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 013

Something unique, the lady who has the Corgi, has a horse named Koda. Her Corgi has two names, ‘Tyler William’.

CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 014CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 017CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 015

(I still like pouting dolls)

A complete walk of the park is about an hours walk. We walk between 2 & 3 mph so It is a little over 2 miles we walk. That always reminds me when we decided to walk the AT, I said to Sherry, ‘we walk at about 3mph, so if we walk 7 hours with breaks we should be able to walk 16-18 miles a day’. As Santa would say, HO, HO, HO!

Once we got on the AT we walked about 6 hours and covered 6-8 miles. Mountains and packs DO  MAKE A DIFFERENCE to old folk!  LOL

CHRISTMAS 3 FLAGS2011 016

(I like this mural of the Tetons with horses running)

The first old person we met on the trail called himself ‘The Pilgrim’, age? ‘Three score-ten’, he said. (he was hiking 12-16 miles a day.)

So, I like to think we are warming up for the trail again.  Thanks for coming by the LOG!

Nite Shipslog

PS:

1. You can do anything, but not everything.  (shucks!)—David Allen

(Some things are hard to understand, and get thru your head! LOL)

*************************************************

scan1982-84 033 - Copy

This was my 1953 Chevy, loved it.

(I have regained the photo’s I lost, but now have over 5000 un-cataloged cars and trucks)

12 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I was wondering if you did decorate around there. I love the cute RV one at the entrance to the park and your Nieces jar lights are just beautiful. I haven't worn my pedometer much lately but I should have with all the shopping trips I've made. Today I'm off the PO to mail those gifts to those out of state. I know I'm late, but you know I move slower than I used to.
Hope you both have a wonderful Thursday!

Anonymous said...

I love your RV decoration and the jars are so pretty. Thanks for sharing them with us. I don't have room for much decoration when all the children gets here we have to put air beds down in the living room at night.You and Sherry take care I'm off to take this man of mind to buy his Christmas present, hehe. Jean

Helen said...

Yours and Sherry's Rv looks beautiful. The others are pretty also. Helen

Fred Alton said...

Love the decorations on the RV's, especially yours. Christmas is such a joyful time. Loved reading about your walking speed too. I remember thinking like you did - before I started walking some of the mountain trails in the Smokies which join the AT. My speed after surgery has slowed - but I'm doing 2.2 mph without a pack and no hills to climb (on the treadmill) I put in .7 miles per day that way every day last week - but this week I've been too busy to get on the machine. ☺

Lucy said...

You are in the Christmas spirit. Love your RV decorations. How festive it all looks. You do have a talented niece. I would have loved something like that.

Anonymous said...

I have my one jingle bell up. We're hella festive around here.

I sort of figured you & your wife were the decorating types. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for Christmas to arrive. Nice images indeed. Please have a good Friday you all.

betty said...

Thanks for the shout out, Jack and Sherry! Between you and me, we just let Koda think it is his blog, LOL :)

I love all the decorations, especially how you and Sherry decorated your motor home. Very festive! It is cute that no matter where people are for the holiday, they want to decorate and celebrate it; I think that is neat!

betty

Paula said...

Nice decorations, I'm such a scrooge.

Amelia said...

Looks great!

I like Betty's blog a lot as well.

TARYTERRE said...

Love all your Christmas decorations. That sweet ceramic tree, those glittering lights and the decorative jars really make the front window of your RV come alive. So pretty. Glad to see the park gets into the spirit of things too. Take care.

Ken Riches said...

Very festive, hope you have a wonderful holiday!