Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I Like a Good Christmas Story

I guess Charles Dickens with his Christmas Carol, has been the most impressive Christmas Story. Written in the 1800’s is definitely a classic. He defined a ‘Scrooge’ that has lived thru the centuries.

I receive many good stories, I love the ones that touch the heart.  Today there are folks who make more and more stories because of the Christmas spirit. I have known Jewish folk and one agnostic who celebrated the season because of the good done in this period.

CMDRofSALVARMY

People get more generous at Christmas.  I have mentioned that I have finally reached the place that I could pass a Salvation Army kettle without feeling guilty, even though I had given before or at another store.

This year I have noticed they are not kettles anymore but Plastic containers with an enclosed top to keep the quick hand from retrieving from, instead of dropping a donation (a sad testimony of the times). But my Sherry must drop a dollar in EVERY ONE, I don’t mind at all, it is Christmas, for heaven’s sake.

troopers_salvation_army

(Never saw these guys before)

I saw a report of a Santa who gave away $20,000 dollars on the street in a less fortunate neighborhood. Those folks will remember that.

We may never make someone’s day by giving a lot of money, but a smile, a helping hand, a small gift or a meal.  Many things make wonderful Christmas stories.

Thanks for coming by the log.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

—Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

******************************************

Shirl when she was little

Yeah, I know it isn’t a car, but it looks like my Sister Shirl, she loves pigs.

**********************************************8image030MA27431485-0034

This is close to a 1960’s caddy, not sure what exact year.

9 comments:

Paula said...

Awww what a cute picture. Get Shirl a pig for Christmas to cuddle with.

Amelia said...

Christmas can be a fun season even if it is not celebrated in a Religious manner...

Fred Alton said...

I could hardly believe my eyes at seeing robots collecting funds for the Salvation Army at Christmas. What a wonderful world we live in!

Anonymous said...

Am waiting for a Christmas story to happen as well.

Please have you all a wonderful time and Wednesday as well.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your post...the Star Wars bell ringers...what an attention grabber, the pig on the sofa...with the kid, and the Caddy...my Mom wanted a pink one! Merry Christmas!

shirl72 said...

That is a sweet picture with the kid and the pig. Would love to have an 8 by 10 I just love baby pigs. Robots collecting money I guess that would keep the grabbing hand out of the bucket.
It was on the news about a rich man on the street giving money to the people in need the shocked look on the people's face and then tears.
That was a good thing at Christmas.

Shirl

TARYTERRE said...

Cute photos. That pig and little one. Well I never saw such a thing before. Too sweet. Christnas stories fill the world with hope at this time of year. I love hearing them. I too have trouble passing a kettle without adding a dollar or two. I've also been known to OVERTIP waitresses at this time of year. Take care.

Cindi said...

one of the bell "ringers" down here was playing his trumpet instead...it was beautiful to listen to! thx for the encouragement on my blog...waving to ya up north...take care

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

They had that trumpet playing bell ringer on our news the other evening. He was great and everyone loved him. There is a lot of good happening all over this time of year.They also said one fella went into a Walmart store and paid off about 8,000.00 in lay a ways for people. Christmas is a season of good will.