Friday, December 2, 2011

People watching

Lately I have spent time in the lobby of a hospital, while Sherry visited. I live in my own world and try my best to stay out of conversations, most of the time I succeed.

Does it matter to you what luggage folk use to take stuff in and out of a hospital?  It doesn’t to me. I did see some neat fancy suit cases. The roll in kind, pretty colors, etc.  But I also saw Blue Wal Mart bags. Telling me that some folk keep bags a long time because WalMart has white ones now around here. Of course there were white ones as well as some paper bags. I saw a couple black trash bags.  Anything to get what is needed in or out of the hospital.

mama scooter

I love new technology that I can understand. I saw older women cruising by on the scooters, just a getting it. Talking on a cell phone and driving with one hand. They must have been very familiar with the hospital because they whizzed by and headed to the automatic door that just barely got open as they sped thru. I thought, boy if that thing had not opened they could not have stopped. But they made it.

biker_babe_jokes

Even Hell’s Angels come to Florida when they get old. One walked by with his ‘babe’, he was pushing the IV cart and they went on outside. He didn’t need the underwear, he was covered with tattoos. The hospital gown was open in the back. EWWEE!~. They were outside awhile then back.

Ms. Hell’s Angel had a leather jacket on and a few tats herself. Headed for 70+ age group.  She had a few conversations with security. Finally the Super-duper Security guy in a suit, came up. She stuck out her hand to shake hand, but he ignored her. He guided her to the door and was pointing all around. My girl was there by then and said it was about smoking. A no-no. Tough on smokers.

med2

Ms Hell’s A had the cutest fuzzy shoes on, they also had little white fuzz balls on both shoes. Hell’s Angels don’t look as tough at 7x yrs old in a faded blue hospital gown with the back open to a saggy butt.

Thanks for reading this stuff.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

THE WATER PISTOL
HER THREE-YEAR-OLD SON OPENED THE BIRTHDAY GIFT FROM HIS GRANDMOTHER, HE DISCOVERED A WATER PISTOL... HE SQUEALED WITH DELIGHT AND HEADED FOR THE NEAREST SINK.
SHE WAS NOT SO PLEASED. TURNING TO MOM AND SAID, "I'M SURPRISED AT YOU. DON'T YOU REMEMBER HOW WE USED TO DRIVE YOU CRAZY WITH WATER GUNS?" MOM SMILED AND THEN REPLIED..... "I DO REMEMBER!!"

**************************************

I love my truck:

1968_Ford_F100_Explorer_Long_Wheelbase-oct6aBut

1968 Ford F100, very popular truck.

12 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sorry you've been back in the hospital waiting room again. I wonder if it was the camping neighbor that broke her hip? Anyway you do see a lot of interesting stuff there. I've had to visit a few of those myself. Thankfully the last trip I made to one was to welcome a new grandchild. Seems a bit chilly there in Florida, but you are warmer than us here. It's mid afternoon and only 44. That is our high for the day.

Lucy said...

You do keep track of details, even in the waiting room of a hospital. I love reading your sights and thoughts.

TARYTERRE said...

Hey where did you get that SCOOTER LADY RIDES AGAIN cartoon? I LOVE it. Been in many a hospital waiting room, lately. You are right it's a GREAT place to people watch. Just so you know, not that you asked LOL I have brown luggage with pink and blue polka dots. Never seen WHITE luggage before. Must be a Florida thing. The guy with his butt tattooed sounds interesting. Hope everything is okay with the person your wife is visiting at the hospital. Take care.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Grandpa had one of those trucks....he painted it with left-over house paint and then one day...coming home from Lake Okeechobee...he ran into a hailstorm that striped off most of his paint....Boy!!...did that truck look funny...Haaaa

Enjoy

betty said...

Oh no, hope whoever is in the hospital that Sherry is visiting is doing as well as they can! Had to laugh about the guy with all the tattoos! Makes you wonder why they choose to get so many of them all over their bodies! I'm a people watcher, I think it would be really hard to watch people at the hospital, knowing there are so many emotions going on, relief, sadness, joy (baby being born), etc.

LOL too about the scooters! I can see some sign one day at hospitals "No talking or texting on cell phones while operating a scooter." Just watch out before you take off so you don't get hit by one of them!

betty

Anonymous said...

Great mean to measure time and life. Guess that such scooters would be much of a problem over here, as cars park even on the sideway.
A safe road ahead for you all and a good weekend too.

Paula said...

I like to people watch too. Liked your story about the hospital.

Anonymous said...

Jack I can understand your hearing loss same way with me. If I'm talking with someone I have to look them in the face to understand what they're talking about and sometimes that doesn't help. I'm just glad it wasn't you are Sherry in the hospital. You take care. Jean

Anonymous said...

You are having to much fun people watching.
It is a riot and very intertaining I love to
people watch. You know me I know people like you
are watching so I will have the right bag for
the occacion because I know people are watching.
Keeping watching.

Shirl72

Sheila Y said...

I enjoyed your observations...ha. Hope the one Sherry was visiting is doing well. I told the girls the water gun joke...told them I will remember too...payback...ha.

Fred Alton said...

OMGoodness, Jack! Hope Sherry is o.k. and has not had to be in the hospital for any reason. My recent experience caused me to grab the side of my shirt and pull it towards the back! ☻ Ha. The line of clothing in the hospital is NOT my style. Your observation that those who think of themselves as "tough" (like the Hell's Angels) find out just how mortal they are in the hospital. When Daddy was in re-hab after his stroke he said, "When you have to come to a hospital, just park your dignity at the front door!" It's not fun - but it is sometimes hilariously funny!

Amelia said...

Lol even the tough ones get old.