Saturday, December 31, 2011

The year 2011, WOW!

Amazing that the year started off great, sunny Florida. We moved around a little and were at Rainbow Springs State Park, relaxing and walking.

RAINBOW SPRINGS II 008

As in life, things can change over night. We received a call from Ypsilanti that Sherry’s brother Johnny was in intensive care, not expected to live. Johnny is younger than Sherry and I by a couple years. We drove straight thru to Michigan. With no parks open in the winter the Hospital allowed us to stay in the parking lot.

Ypsilanti, JOHNNY 006

(Looking out our windshield, This was our Van with the boat on top, two days before it was in 80 degree weather)

HOSPITAL FRIENDS FAMILY 011003

(Elijah, Candy & Tyler) (Jerry, William and Me)

(Candy is a treasure, those are her grandkids)

We were hit by 12” of snow the first night or day. With the help of the Lord and a good hospital staff, Johnny pulled thru; also with a lot of encouragement from Candy, (his lovely daughter), Sherry, Brenda and William(Niece & Husband from Belmont).

005

(Sherry, Brenda & Debbie at one of our dinner breaks)

011

(Wild Bill (Great friend of Johnny’s) and the beautiful Candy, John of course in the back ground)

FRIENDS MORE 003 - Copy

(Danny, Dave (?), Sherry and Johnny(I had a big problem here, As I  snapped this one (that is the head nurse in the back ground), she came in and chewed me out good, she would have made a good DI!).) John had so many friends stop by, Wild Bill was the most consistent, with Jerry next. Wild Bill did not miss more than 1 or 2 days, that is a good friend)

I kept out of the way in the waiting rooms and played on the computers. Sherry says an idle mind is the devil’s workshop. While surfing the net I found a house in Belmont. I knew the realtor, she had sold at least one house for me. I made them an offer and they took it.

front1

I do not know one stock from another. So I do not look at the stock market. BUT I know houses, so when I can invest in a house I do.

Of course the house did not look like the pictures when we got there, but it was still a good buy. We spent a long time making it ours, added a great place for the motor home. We were happy with it.

We both visited doctors this summer. Bad news both ways. They put Sherry on blood pressure meds and Boniva and put me on some cholesterol med. After a month or so I quit because of cramps and a rash. Dr. Lucy prescribed Fish oil, so I am taking a multi vitamin, aspirin, and fish oil.

Sherry still takes the a handful of vitamins & stuff, to keep her young and so she will live forever.

We rented the house to our son Mark and hit the road, we weren’t quite ready to settle down yet. ‘SURPRISE!’ said Sherry. Of course we agreed before anything was done.

Carnival Legend at Sea

cruise3

This was our 55th wedding anniversary year and we took a cruise.  Had a wonderful time. Since we had departed from Florida on the cruise, we just stayed when we got back.  We have had a wonderful time here. We stay a week or two weeks here and there. The life we like.

We walk and talk about 2012. We are not exempt from problems, one hangs over us like lead. At present, things are good. I try to live the serenity prayer. As I have said, the prayer is good philosophy if you don’t believe in prayer.

Thanks for looking back with me. This may never see the light of day, but I have written it.

NIte Shipslog

PS:

When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them, and sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.

(That is something I like to believe!)

****************************************************

woody1

My good friend the preacher, was telling us he had one of these that was eat up with termites. But he still dated in it. (Ford, guessing 1940/41)

9 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your year really did start off with a bang having to endure the worst of winter with all that snow. We are to have some coming our way on Monday they say could be pretty substantial,but we have had it pretty mild for December. What January brings is still unknown. All and all things turned around pretty good for you though with things and there you are back in Florida. We'll be praying that if you come north it won't be any emergency this year but only when it's warm and sunny. Your fish fry there sounds really wonderful. I went the other day and bought myself some good Lake Erie perch cause I so love it. The price though is that of a good steak. I put it in the freezer and haven't fixed it yet, but I will soon. Hope you both have a wonderful New Years eve and a fantastic New Year!

Paula said...

Nice recap of your year 2011. Wishing you both the best in 2012. I recieved a nice apology for my blog being disabled. That was a surprise. I was already trying to remember what all I did to start one and thinking of a name etc. I sure would have missed all of you while I was trying to get it all ironed out

Ken Riches said...

Hope you have a great 2012.

shirl72 said...

Hopefully your stay in Fl. will be until it
warms up in Historic town of Belmont. After
today our weather is turning cold. We have enjoyed warm weather for this time of year.
Life is good we are still here. Hope you have
a HAPPY NEW YEAR...........

Shirl

Fred Alton said...

Its great to look back and see how you have moved from pillar to post - keeping your loyalty to God and to family. May 2012 be an even greater year of blessing for you. You are friends we treasure.

Melanie said...

Have a safe and happy new year!!





Melanie

Anonymous said...

Couldn't imagen this year, once being young, now it's already gone. Being already 2012, I'd like to wish you all the very best and for you all a kind new year ahead.

TARYTERRE said...

What a year you've had. From beginning to end, never a dull moment. HAPPY NEW YEAR. May joy and good health bless you in 2012.

Louis la Vache said...

If «Louis» could see the grill, he could tell you if the Ford is a '40 or '41. In any case, he always enjoys seeing old cars!

Happy New Year to you!