Monday, March 29, 2021

Lawn decorations…

 Memorable Automobiles from The Past:

 


For today:

We have never had a large yard, you know the ones with a circular drive and a grounds keeper. BUT  if I did I would want something like these in my yard (Yeah the girl too!).

The above pickup is in Brownwood of the Villages, Florida 

 

I have seen some old cars placed artistically and loved them.

  I remember seeing a petrified log in a yard (New Mexico methinks).

This one was sent to me by good friend Bonnie (RIP) a few years ago. This used in Eastern North Carolina.



Smaller stuff I love the ‘spilled flowers.’

Or out of a tube?

I think some blogger here has a rusty bicycle decorated. Sorta like this:

I like these:

My sister Shirl (RIP) could keep a yard up. She could compete for yard of the month, but not me.  HOWEVER I think if I had room for an old junk car out front I could decorate it. LOL

 NiteShipslog

PS:

7 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

These are really beautiful. Over here, if people had an old car in the front garden the neighbours would complain. I like the paint pots and tube too. Very artistic.

God bless always.

Lisa said...

These are cool. I have seen people fill a toilet up with flowers and place it in their yard. It is ather tacky. I knew someone once that planted a garden in an old bathtub. People can be so creative. It amazes me.

Off to work
Lisa

yaya said...

My in-laws had an old claw foot tub in the backyard garden planted with flowers. I thought it was cute but not my cup of tea. I love those containers with the flowers. I love window boxes overflowing with blooms! That is my cup of tea!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It would be nice if people took the time to decorate all the old cars that sit around cluttering up yards. Too often we see them sitting out beside barns and sheds in the country and they tend to make the place look shabby. A few flowers are as far as I get for yard decorations but that raised bed with the shrubs would be nice too. I think the most we can do is keep things neat and clean and not shabby.It makes a difference.

Chatty Crone said...

I love those photos and all the colors - color me happy!

NanaDiana said...

I have an old bicycle that I spray paint anew every spring. lol. I fill the front and back baskets with flowers.
I hope you and Sherry are both doing well. Happy end of March! Hugs- Diana

Mevely317 said...

I'm a bit envious of those who can look beyond the ugly and envision something like this. Our next-door-neighbor town (Wetumpka) has done something similar -- taking an antique fire engine and filling it with blooms.

It's hard to pick a favorite, but I'm sure partial to that bicycle.