Saturday, October 29, 2022

Amazing how smart WE are!

  Autos of my history:

 1904 Buckmobile 15hp Runabout  Now this was a cool dude. Sports car of that era, methinks....


 Note: Cacti: I never tried the cactus fruit Victor, but our sons did in Cuba when we lived there.

 Yep Myra on the cacti pronunciation, I had to ask. I would have pronounced it the southern way, how it is writ!   LOL

For today:

That WE is collective.  It encompasses many of our citizenry. Our thought processes go according to our politics, life and religion. It never ceases to amaze me what yanks some folk’s chain.  Since I never played sports and only had a short romance with them (during our boys childhood, little league, and Sunday afternoon football when they loved to sit and cheer their REDSKINS on.) I got involved then. 

NOW? Sports and sports stars do not interest me. Stadium seats are ridiculous. The money is crazy, starting with the owners and managers. The big thing in the world of news now with sports is Tom Brady and his wife.  I read some comments on articles. Contributors tear subjects apart, slander, and accuse of things they have NO FIRST HAND knowledge of.  People who could not buy their breakfast, THINK they know more about their lives than they do.

Personally I hate to hear of a divorce. I am sure there was love at one time. No matter how rich or well-known you are, I am sure your heart can break. To be honest I have feelings for the famous, and the microscope they live under.

(WE love it when they make money and when they lose it, it seems.)

Now Imma tell you, I am not a Fan of Speaker Pelosi nor her hubby, but reading the comments on an article concerning the latest attack on Mr. Pelosi, you can read hate, envy and the famous CONSPIRACY THEORY people.

6 of the Comments I read:

A….WHAT? 2:30 in the morning, no alarms?  Something more to this story than WE are being told.

B….. If he had been in jail for his many DUI’s, he would have been safe!

C…… YEAH RIGHT, he called 911 and the intruder did not know it. LOL

D… The 911 people have a direct line to Pelosi’s house, they can even see inside, they knew what was going on something isn’t right here????!

E…. Too bad the INTRUDER, IF that is what he was, did not ---------.

F….. WHAT? NO SECURITY SYSTEM, where were the Secret Service at the home of the 3rd in line for the Presidency.

Etc….

 

Yes I make the mistake of reading comments.  I wonder where some folk’s brain ‘resides’.

(Even the families have to be explored)

 It amazes me, customers will pay more for a product just because a celebrity or sports star’s name is attached to it.  Is it somehow better because of it?

I wonder and think too much.  LOL

   Nite Shipslog

PS:  PLUS: Betty mentioned that pictures do not do justice to the Grand Canyon, YES that is one you Must see to appreciate the GRAND part.

5 comments:

betty said...

Thanks for the shout out, Jack! I agree about divorce. I'm sorry Tom Brady and his wife ended up like that. The kids will always be the ones impacted the most. For most articles I read (and not about Mr. Pelosi but others) sometimes the comments are the best part of the article. Some are downright hilarious. I do wonder about the security system at their house but I'll let the investigators do their job and pray for his complete recovery.

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It seems to me the world needs more prayers.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

No matter how famous or rich you are I would think divorce is devastating. It isn't money that makes us happy. Love is happiness in my books. The more love you have the happier you are. I consider myself a very happy person, but I don't have much money at all.

Mevely317 said...

Oh ya, I hate the modern equivalent of 'yellow journalism' (eg, the National Enquirer). Have to admit, I occasionally click on something, then get cross and myself for having fallen for the bait.
The Pelosi troubles? Sorry, but I seriously doubt the veracity of what's being told. Because they're not folks I care about, best I just say no more.

yaya said...

If folks would focus on improving their own lives instead of criticizing others it would be a better world. Everyone has troubles and money does not give protection from it. Happiness is not found in the bank account...although I wouldn't mind trying to see if that theory is true! Ha! Happy Halloween Jack and Sherry!