Monday, October 10, 2022

Shocking, some would say

 That Car:

 I remember back when engineers gave cars Character.

Now, in looks, the Honda comes close to looking like a Lexus! And the  Ford looks like the Chevy

 

For today:

I have some odd ideas.  I had 6 posts READY, I have carried now for months. I KNEW none would be wise on my part to post.  I just went down the list and deleted them. Subjects with not the best angles applied…. Life, death, politics, religion and giant egos’.

But for now, have you ever known anyone with ‘no past memory?’ Is that a curse or blessing?  If your life had been filled with trouble and disappointments, I think it would be a blessing. I have had dear friends, Alzheimer’s victims, with great backgrounds (as far as I could tell) I felt for them. They would have had some good memories to enjoy in their waning years, but the plug had been pulled, memories drained. No longer knowing wife, husband, children or friends.

Life is a 'wreck,' if/as ONE KNOWS the memories are disappearing. We remember WELL my dear sister saying, “I am losing my memory and it worries me to death.”  Once the mind is gone, it must be nice, no more worries. BUT the brain may forget that you need to breathe.

I hope you have never been told you are dying and have a short time to live. Being honest here, without being mean, there have been times I would have welcomed it. Not from physical pain, just plain ‘LIFE PROBLEMS’. Having time to get everything in order would be good for those you are leaving.

But then, sudden death solves ALL (Life’s Problems) for the person involved (which accounts for all the suicides), but leaves those remaining in a quandary of ‘things to do’ above & beyond cremation or burial.

Did you know that the government still expects someone to file those income tax forms?  Did you know if you died toward the end of the month and SS sends the next month payment while you are being laid out, the government wants all the Social Security for that month returned?  If it was direct deposited, they will just take it back…

THAT SS check can become an inconvenience or plain hardship.

SORRY, I started down a rabbit trail. Lots to think about it,  life and death, IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT!

 

Nite Shipslog

7 comments:

Susan Kane said...

You said it well. Your odd ideas suit me just fine.
Glad to see you back.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A sombre but sober post, Jack. Your writings make us think. You are good with words.

I offer my prayers to all suffering from loss of memory and other illnesses.

Praying for you and yours, my friend.

God bless.

Chatty Crone said...

You know Jack my mind thinks like that. I hope God allows me to go quick like most people want. I think some deaths are so sad. I remember your sister.
I heard this once - death is part of the journey.

Mevely317 said...

In the case of 'the long goodbye' those affected aren't aware what disease is doint -- it's their loved ones who suffer. Like the old book title, "Tears Are For The Living."
I think one of the best gifts we can give our loved ones is clear-cut instructions/wishes, etc. concerning our earthy possessions.

yaya said...

Getting "things" in order has been on my mind and we have a few things to get done. I would hate to leave the kids with many decisions and problems that would have been solved if we had done final wishes when we were of a good mind . My Mom was amazing and did have all her funeral expenses covered, papers in order and wishes written and documented. Still, her final tax return was done and she was suppose to get a refund...2yrs later and still no refund. Hmmm. Good post Jack!

betty said...

Well you know the old saying, nothing certain about this life but death and taxes. And it seems like the IRS wants to make sure those dead do pay their taxes :)

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I think losing one's memory has to be the hardest way to die. It takes it's time and all the loved ones suffer. But of course the one losing their memory has no idea. Life has passed them by. It's a fear of mine and I'm always asking my daughter to check in on me to see if I know what day it is. I had two aunts to die like that so it runs in my family. Who knows which one of us inherits it. I recently found out one of my cousins now has dementia. It's getting closer to home, I'm thinking. We just have to be thankful for every good day we have !