Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Integrity: Life, Politics and Secrets! (Humans Fail)

 That Car:

 The 1938 Bugatti, produced in France.  It is hard to imagine this beauty was created as WWII hung heavy over France's head.


 For today:

We heard a solid sermon By the Right Reverend James Scott on the ‘Integrity of Job’, from the Bible.

Life has evolved over the years. There was a time, back when I first jumped into business world that agreements in the thousands of $, were sealed on a hand shake. Men and women had integrity and their word was their BOND. later, one of my attorneys explained the real world to me. He pointed out, death comes to us all so when one or your agreeable friends' die, you will be dealing with their families, not them….. I changed the way I did business a little, but not because I thought my friends had lost their integrity.

 

Citizens of the USA learned later in life that a few of our presidents have been unfaithful to their wives while in office. That knowledge was surely known by the Secret Service.

The secrets of FDR, JFK or BC that made the papers at the time or later, were NOT exposed by those sworn to secrecy, BACK THEN!

Today?  Sherry & I talk many times about how hard it is to recognize a GREAT, SPECIAL STATESMAN or politician. Some Would FIT, BUT REFUSE to put their families under that microscope search of their lives. Some of the competitors look for ANYTHING, no matter how slight, to smear names.

Name calling starts, truth hits ‘the spin’.

I am always amazed at illegal, bad or just stupid secrets some humans have and thought they would NEVER come to light.  Some secrets are ‘spilled’ for greed or power. I read somewhere, a ‘secret’ is never safe if more than one knows it.

Integrity is a human trait that has diminished in our business and political worlds. I am sure that some still exist, in those areas, BUT it has diminished, methinks that is obvious! 

I still know folks whom I would trust with my life, but the circle is much smaller as the years roll by.

I get sorta sad, feeling that way. (But then Many of those trusted have died, maybe I have lived too long! ;-) ..)

I do think that most of the folks I have met here in the Blogosphere have retained their integrity. I cannot say the same for a few I have seen or met on other social media, FB scares me at times. L.

Nite Shipslog

PS

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Jack, I agree with you. I don't think anyone can keep a secret - including myself at times - good thing I don't know anything big. I wish I was better.

Mevely317 said...

Unfortunately, personal integrity is in short supply these days.
I've a strong suspicion we'd all be stunned if the truth about politicians and their associates were to come out. I almost can't bear to listen to what they have to say; and it's only going to get worse. Like Pastor Janet says, we have to guard what we watch and hear.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Husbands are often best at keeping secrets because they don't listen anyway. (Whisper: she's still talking ... ... ... )

God bless.

betty said...

I think integrity went the way of honesty. Not a lot of good role models out there these days, unfortunately.

betty

Glenda said...

Agree with you on integrity issue.
And, I LOVE that Bugatti!!!