Saturday, October 22, 2022

Climate Change?... Absolutely (Part 2)

 That Car: (Photo repeat)

(I try to use only material that is in Public Domain, or my own ideas in this blog. pics graphics from the net.  I am flattered if someone else uses it, ;-) ) 

 For today: (Continued)

YES, it is expensive to replace the batteries in a Tesla.  When I saw my yesterday’s cartoon, I thought it was an exaggeration I had heard about $2,000. I searched the cost and it can go up to $16,000 for a person to change the Batteries. That boggles my mind.

I had kin that worked in the Lithium Mine in Kings Mt. NC, it closed years ago. A new mine has now been opened there, we need the Lithium for batteries.

WE MUST FIND RENEWABLE resources that will not run out.

We know three of these: Wind, Solar, Rivers and tides. I keep hoping some wise human will discover another. I remember President Bush said he was going to push the Nitrogen fuel, but that idea seemed to fade.

Concerning the gas/battery cars.  I mentioned that I have read a lot lately, pros and cons.  I have a big problem, a malleable mind.

Now to making logical decisions:

 I must be careful, having read everything I can on the gas/battery situation. My problem is: I have learned something in my lifetime, ‘A very clever person can deliver ‘their side’ so strongly that someone like me just might buy it (RIGHT OR WRONG). L

 I am definitely fallible, Example: I listen to a politician’s commercial and say, THAT DUDE IS RIGHT! Two minutes later his opponent’s commercial comes on and I will say THAT DUDE IS RIGHT! L

Most of the time I like to stay Center or just Right of Center because much in life is seldom clear, Black or White, there is always the grey area, which can be murky at times. I TRY not to believe everything I read without proof.  The USA once had a legal WITCH HUNT in our own government.

Most of you would not remember McCarthyism. A true but SAD time in USA history where one man convinced many people to believe ALL his ideas of communism taking over THE USA:

His accusations and BLACK LIST*** ruined people’s lives.  It can still happen today. It is bad when one man’s thinking RULES other’s thinking.

*** This ladies career was ended by McCarthy' mean mouth.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HdnjTCMzpg

Nite Shipslog

PS: Concerned citizens should research  Senator. Joseph McCarthy of Wisconsin of the 1950’s.

Many careers  ruined and jobs lost because McCarthy said they leaned Communist (RED)! Bad things happen when powerful figures start labeling people as bad when they do not know them.


 

4 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

These are my principles:

Do not label people. Labels stick.

Be open minded but not so open minded that your brain falls out.

Trust your instincts, and when in doubt pray.

If people don't like my principles, I have plenty more.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

People are quick to jump on the bandwagon with no facts. What a sad state of affairs when someone's adored because of the charming twinkle in their eye (while playing the sax on late night TV) -- or hated for telling a mean truth. Victor's right -- when in doubt, pray.

Chatty Crone said...

It's time we start seeing the truth and follow it- in my opinion. Just sayin'

betty said...

I have to agree with your statement, Jack, "Bad things happen when powerful figures start labeling people as bad when they do not know them." Didn't our current president do this in a recent speech when he talked against the MAGA Republicans?

betty