Sunday, October 23, 2022

Smile, Life is Good

 That Car:

 

I once worked at a full service gas station, 
never ran into these!


For today:

I had a very serious blog entry concerning Cremation and caskets, but one of my 2nd cousins put this on:

(They are cute!)

Okay, I am in Florida so I smiled..... not exactly a laughing matter because of this:



Have you ever noticed you can do things day after day, you do them perfectly i.e. Me washing dishes, BUT....someone watches, I just might drop one.....  Get this one?

I thought I would just give you men some facts from Sir Golding, or maybe just think about:

Me ‘n Brother Woody up in NY knows stuff, but this one was for Victor, he's OLD and still ain't learned YET!…..

Anyway I hope you smiled today because LIFE is good!

Nite Shipslog

PS: Have you read "Lord of the Flies" by Sir William Golding? I have only read snips and  few notes, maybe I should read it. 

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

This was a great post - I needed and enjoyed the humor today. I tell you the truth - the younger me - never really gave much thought to the older me!! lol

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I agree with sir William Golding, women do make life better. The old saying if mama ain't happy, no body will be happy is the truth. Best to keep your mama happy and life will be golden. Men should know this but sometimes they forget. Thanks for your cheerful post today !

betty said...

I read Lord of the Flies years ago when I was in high school. It might be worth a re-read at this point :) Great quote from Sir William Golding too :)

betty

Woody said...

Good Post, made me smile, I have tested Positive for Covid, Troulble breathing and oh so tired, But I am making the best of it, Am being well taken care of ! I was Oh So Careful wearing a Mask and staying 6 feet apart ! Oh Wull,,,, "Life Is Good", "Enjoy This God Given Day" !!! Sending down love and Prayers from the North, Gary and Anna Mae !

Mevely317 said...

Funny, I was recently sharing 'getting older' memes with a (non-FB) friend. Humorous, but there's lots of truth there, too. Like someone once observed, you can laugh, or you can cry -- but the first is lots more fun.
... Which reminds me of a favorite saying from Anne Lamotte, 'Laughter is just carbonated holiness.'

Keep smiling!

yaya said...

This post did make me smile! The quote is priceless as well as totally true! I saw the movie "Lord of the Flies", I don't think I read the book. However, I feel like I lived it when I was doing Cub Scout meetings years ago! Yes, keep smiling Jack! Hugs from Ohio!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

"Lord of the flies?" Is he the one who invented zip fasteners for trousers?

I'll never understand women. For example: yesterday, out of the blue, at about midnight it was, she started shouting and screaming, "Golf ... it's always golf with you ... golf golf golf ..."

I nearly had a heart attack, Jack. I never expected to see her on the golf course so late at night.

God bless.