Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Somethings are just GRAND

  Gran(d) Autos of my history:

1972 Ford Gran(d) Torino

 

For today:

The Grand Piano the Grand Canyon are two that come to my mind. But ahead of them are Grandpas and Grandmas. I really never knew but one of mine, Granny Lloyd. Memories of her were in the early 1940s.

She was a sweet lady. Lived in a small shotgun house. Called that in my time because one could stand in the front door and shot a shotgun straight out the back door. It was two rooms in a row. She could always find me a nickel to run to a little shack in the neighborhood for candy or peanuts. 

But my real GRAND TIME came after our sons married. NOTE: There is magic in the world. somehow it is possible for MANY KIDS to have “THE BEST MAMA IN THE WORLD.”  Well lemme tell you when Corey, Ben, Sherece, Stephen, Josh, Matthew and Luke came along, I learned that Many Grandpas and Grandmas can have the BEST GRANDKIDS IN THE WORLD!!!  Yeah I know, you THINK yours are the BEST, but huh uh, Mine are the BEST….

(They helped in my office!)

I smile because we now have Great Grands. One thing I think of often is something Granddaughter Sherece said to me when she was looking at her beautiful daughter, Stella. “Grandpa isn’t she beautiful?”

My answer, “She sure is one beautiful little girl, BUT not quite as beautiful as you were!”

Yeah, I know you too are proud of your Grand kids, and I understand. 

Once son Jack Jr. was bragging on his grandkids, I wass grinning. He said, “But dad you don’t understand!”

“Oh but I do understand!  Remember you & Mark gave us The BEST, those Grandkids of ours!”

(Ben & Corey the first to come along)

Next came Sherece, the only Grand daughter (Shown earlier above)

Then the Twins (Stephen and Joshua) Stephen claims the oldest by 18 minutes older.


Then Matthew Dillon, another that brought smiles, 

Finally last but not least was Luke Vegas,

Like me, he was the baby of the family, and just like me, everyone loved him/ LOL

Truthfully our Grands' were very good and mannerly. They are all grown now, solid citizens. They all have a great work ethic and contribute to this great country.

There is some bad stuff in our country of course, but think of the kids taking over, it will be men and women from families like yours and ours.  I love this country, I believe in its greatness.  Those GRANDS will be at the Helm.  I think things get better with age, I also think it happens with our country also. This country is just GRAND! We are going thru a tough patch now, BUT I always ASK GOD to BLESS AMERICA, MY HOME. (I hope everyone feels like that about their countries thru out the world and pray for God's Blessings!)

Nite Shipslog

PS: Listening not required (;-) ), but I have been singing and whistling this song all day.  Kate Smith said it best in GRAND style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AOAH2lv3H0 


6 comments:

betty said...

Everyone's grands are grand indeed! We should pray for God's mercy on America. I'm not sure there is much that He should bless us for these days :(

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Your grands are gorgeous and are the best (for you) lol.
We need to leave the world a good place for them.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You do have some grand grands there, Every single grand is the best in their grand parents lives. I have 21 of them now and love each one like they were the only one ! We are so lucky to have grandchildren. They do make our lives a whole lot grander !

Mevely317 said...

Agreed, you and Sherry created a beautiful family! Sometimes I look at my GRANDgirls and wonder how 'plain Jane' me had a hand in creating those pretty girls.

Like Betty and Sandie, I pray the world they inherit straightens up its act.

yaya said...

What a great, grand family you have! Those kiddos are adorable and I'm betting they are still adorable all grown up! You have every reason to be proud. I do hope this generation is going to head in the right direction. That's who will be taking care of us as we age! I find hope in many of the youth I've come to know and love and pray daily for peace in this world and help for our wonderful country!

Dar said...

Everyone of your GRANDS are your special one in their own way. We now have a dozen Grandloves and one Great Granddaughter...so much we are wanting a safer, more productive world for them. GOD BLESS our AMERICA ~!!!~🎼🎶🎚🎵
loven'hugs from up north where the wind blows cold today brrrrrrrrrrrr