Saturday, October 8, 2022

I’m Cool, I think for MYSELF! (part 2)

  Today’s automobile:


Don't you just love it when an old car gets upgraded!

Some thoughts for today, a continuation from entry last:

cli·ché

[klēˈSHā]

NOUN

1.    a phrase or opinion that is overused and betrays a lack of original thought:

"the old cliché “one man's meat is another man's poison.”"

synonyms:

platitude · hackneyed phrase · commonplace · banality · truism · 

[more]

·         a very predictable or unoriginal thing or person:

"each building is a mishmash of tired clichés"

 

 BUT YOU KNOW WHAT HURTS ME TO HEAR?

 

The cliché, “I HATE” something.  The word LOVE for so many years was considered ‘over used’.  I use it a lot myself.  But the word ‘hate’ is now common.  Hate IS NOT COMMON nor should NOT BE!!

 hate...VERB

1.   feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone):

synonyms:

loathe · detest · dislike greatly · abhor · abominate · despise · 

[more]

 

 ‘Not liking’ something is not the same as ‘hating it.’  I can dislike very HOT or very Cold weather without ‘hating it.’  I fear the word HATE is over used, at least I hope so. As an example, I am a conservative person, presently I am listed as a ‘Republican’. I had two wonderful BILs who were 'died in the wool' Democrats. Most of my family were Democrats, I have never hated a one of them.

President Biden is my President, actually my ‘Commander in Chief’, I disagree with some of his actions and policies, but I accept them because I am a citizen of this Republic Democracy (There is a lot of disagreement whether we are a Republic or a Democracy, most folks say we are a combination).

I get a chance to express my opinion every 2/4 years, and I do. I am not a GOOD loser, but I definitely accept our system of votes, and proud we have it.

Please let’s not HATE the other party or hate our president, let’s hold them up in prayer. We, citizens of the USA, are ALL part of this GREAT country

VOTE, not HATE OR GLOAT! (I just made that up, but it is my humble opinion)  I was reminded many years ago by a 4 year old grandson, “Everyone has an opinion Grandpa!”  Now y'all try to remember what my grandson said...

They found my shoes and work boots and they just fit!

NiteShipslog

PS:

 

6 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I knew a man years ago who had tattoos on the fingers of each hand – just near the knuckles.

On the right hand the tattoos read the letters L – O – V – E.

On the left hand the tattoos were H – A – T.

Apparently he ran out of money to complete the tattoos.

If only … If only we too ran out of money every time we felt Hate towards someone.

God bless.

Lisa said...

I never like the word “hate” either. It’s a strong word and once said, it can’t be taken back. If you ever tell someone you hate them, they will always remember it even if you didn’t mean it. You can apologize but the word will always stick.

Over here
Lisa

Mevely317 said...

I'll never forget my mother's reproving/disappointed tone when she'd remind me, "We don't say, hate."
I probably used that term carelessly, never giving much thought to its power (to wound).
Now I know there are more mature, subtle ways to express that emotion. Didn't someone once say, "Walk softly and carry a big stick."? (lol)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I ao agree with you. We are a great country and should respect our leaders. It's our given right to vote and many never use it, yet they still complain a lot. If they truly wanted to change things, they should vote. I believe love can overcome more things than hate can. We should all love and respect each others choices.

betty said...

Let me say, I do not hate our current president and daily I pray for him. I hate what he and his party are doing for America and how destructive their actions are. Is that a fair way to say it? I despise that they have no care for the sanctity of life and have disdain for what the Bible says about marriage and how many genders there are and how they are keeping the borders wide open allowing illegal drugs in killing our people and allowing criminals and terrorists in. So I hate the policies they have put into place and will do my best to get them voted out as quickly as I can. I know God has a purpose and a plan for allowing our present government to be in place and I have to trust that purpose and plan in His infinite wisdom but I do not agree with the present administration in anything they are doing and strongly oppose it all.

betty

Susan Kane said...

Hate has a few directions to travel. If it is "I hate hummus" then it is an accurate thing to say about "hummus". To hate a person for his beliefs or opinions is just plain wrong. "Vote, not hate or gloat!" perfect. I love it.