Friday, October 21, 2022

Climate Change, Absolutely…. (part 1)

  Pickups of my history:

 1939 Chevy Pick up then

2022 Chevy pick up now

For today:

Over my life time I have been educated in many ways. Some YOUNGER people have no idea what a ‘littered’ road looks like. There was a time 99% of drivers/passengers would throw something out the auto and bus windows i.e. an empty cigarette pack, beer bottles, soda bottles, cans, candy wrapper even a whole newspaper or magazine. It was common and we thought nothing about it. Our roads became littered, so much so that local and state governments became aware and passed laws against littering.

It took many years, but finally MOST folks quit littering. I had a good friend who drove a truck. A NC State Trooper stopped him when some paper blew off his truck.  The trooper gave him the choice a $50 littering fine or pick all the trash along the road back to HIS litter. He said it took him about 3 hours.

He told me laughing, “I earn $1.50 an hour on my job. That day I made over $15 an hour, the most I have ever made.” I thought that was a good way to look at it.

Looking back it is a shame we citizens could not recognize what we were doing and stop it without the law forcing a GOOD CHANGE. And believe me it was a good change. Our roads are 1000% cleaner than in 1950.

So I know we can do something to improve our planet. I have no doubt we humans can and do, harm our planet Earth. I have wondered for years about the fact we are pumping 70 million barrels of oil from the earth’s sub surface per day, at that rate, it WILL run out sometime, WON’T IT?.


But logic and common sense gets in the way with air pollution. WE are DEPENDENT on Oil, and we  NEED alternatives. BUT driving us to the poor house for $15 a gallon gas is not the answer, methinks.  WE need to pump our own (USA) oil and have a 20-30 year plan to somehow eliminate oil and still heat homes, move vehicles, and power the industry we have locked ourselves into.

This makes sense to me:


WE WILL NOT, WE CANNOT AFFORD to immediately convert to Battery power.  THAT TOO would soon stop because of eating away at natural resources. 


It is really $13,000 to $14,000 (some higher)

I see this is gonna be too long, I will continue tomorrow….

Nite Shipslog

PS: I read on the net. Some advisor estimates we have a long 50 years of Lithium  WOW!!  This person has no idea how short 50 years can be, in the scheme of things…. L

6 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Jack, I think Blogger just swallowed the comment I left. Could you please check? TY 🙂

Chatty Crone said...

Hey the battery car still needs electricity which is energy.
I agree with you.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A difficult problem to solve because there is no agreement in the world. On this, and on many other problems facing humanity.

Maybe ... it is a test from above!

God bless.

yaya said...

Maybe my neighbors, the Amish, have the right idea.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We all need to help out to keep our world clean. And we all need to help save and conserve energy. Waste not, want not is my motto.

betty said...

I agree Jack that we need to have a plan that gets us to alternative power and fuel sources but it can't be done overnight as it seems to be the current plan of this administration.

betty