Thursday, October 6, 2022

I’m Cool, I think for MYSELF!

 That Car:



                    For today:

We all feel like we think for ourselves. I expressed myself as a teen. I was cool, I had a neat flat top (like all the guys) but it was MY idea.  Later I was even cooler, like the guys in the movie, “Blackboard Jungle”, I had a great Duck’s Tail, ‘cept it was cooler and referred to as a “DA”.

When I got a car, I made it loud, split manifold, twin Smitties and lowered it in the rear. I was COOL (like everyone else). We all like to think we make our own judgments, but it is mostly our family or surroundings that decide FOR US! If you look around you and even at yourownself, only a few ‘think outside the box’ in which we were raised.’

Politics are usually from our upbringing.  Our opinion of what is ‘wrong’ usually comes from our church or non-church background. I have known boys in service when asked their religion for their ‘dog tags’ would say, ‘Baptist’ and they had never attended a church, but their parents had. It was the same with: Catholic, Protestant, Methodist, etc.

Now I see and hear:

… You are not a patriot if you do not support xyz.

… You are evil if you do this…….

… The xyz Party has ruined this country..

You are very ignorant if you do not see climate change..

… You are stupid if you believe that climate change stuff.

… ETC…

Me? Heck I think for myself. I see enough error in this world, so I read Westerns.  The good guy always wins, as he should. He always gets the most beautiful girl in the world, just like me.  LOL

To be continued!

Nite Shipslog

PS

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I think it is great to think for yourself and not be afraid to share that belief.

Mevely317 said...

Going out on a limb here ...
I think in my case, conformity stemmed from (my) insecurities. It takes courage, particularly in one's teens, to speak outside the box.
Nowadays it's hard to know who (or not!) to trust. It seems every newscaster or columnist has an agenda. At the end of the day all I can do is listen to my gut ... and pray.

betty said...

I think a lot of people don't want to think for themselves. Don't want to research what is going on, etc. Leads to a lot of problems and them not having their own opinions but fall into whatever popular opinion from who they get their news from.

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

People will always believe what they want to believe.

God bless always.

TARYTERRE said...

I'm getting back to commenting. Hubby is having stents put in in Nov/Dec. He's been sick and quite miserable. So I was delighted to read this post. You have to march to the beat of your own drummer. I tried NEVER to conform, even when others chastized me for doing it. And I love hearing about a fella and his car. A better relationship there isn't. The haircuts were definitely cool.