Monday, October 17, 2022

Small internet irritations.

 Autos of my history:

 1939 Pontiac with a Plexiglas body.  I believe in transparency, so 1939 was the year I was born,  but this is going a little too far. LOL


 For today:

I receive messages similar to the ones below fairly regularly via e-mail:

 

Message blocked

Your message to myxx.guxa@gmail.com has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.



Message blocked

Your message to lx2trxscrb@aox.com has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

…..   ……   ……     …..  ……                  …….

I also get e-mails with attachments blocked, I cannot open them.  Some with notes that say:

Attachment contains pictures or data not approved (or something to that affect).  Most of the time I couldn’t care less about the attachments because they sound political.. LOL  Those I am sick of…..

 Some folks say it is BIG BROTHER, others say just a fluke. However the funny thing about the messages at the top, they weren't e-mails, but comments on blogs. As in other times the comment was NEVER blocked, it did appear on the blogs where it was supposed to, so the message itself is misleading.

I guess that is what neophytes like me must live with to continue to hang in here on the internet. ;-)

 Sherry has an irritating pop-up that comes to stay. It bugged her TRYING TO READ AROUND IT.  We learned that 'CTRL and F4' will get rid of it.  Some small things make us happy!

Nite Shipslog

PS: I modified the e-mail addresses used in the above  messages, you might recognize them anyway!

Added because I agree with it:



5 comments:

Mevely317 said...

What a great quote!
CTRL and F4, huh? I've can't remember getting any of those pop-ups, but I need to remember this trick, just in case.

Like Chatty posted today, it's a pity some of the 'sick' stuff gets through, no problem. Sometimes I wonder if the censors aren't just playing a game of Whack-A-Mole. This isn't funny anymore!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Often comments on my Blog are sent to the Spam folder instead of being printed on the Blog post. I go to the Spam folder to retrieve them and post them properly.

God bless.

yaya said...

I always feel dumb when my students in my Sunday school class fix my computer or get me on the right track...they are 11! Ha! I get messages about blog comments being blocked by Yahoo but they show up on the blog so I don't worry about it. Maybe my little brainiac students can fix it! Take care Jack and Sherry!

betty said...

I haven't had messages blocked just some comments put into spam. Very interesting. I wonder if it has something to do with your email server?

betty

Dar said...

ha, hope I don't start having issues...I'd break lose in that case. I just had cataract surgery on both eyes and sure wouldn't want to deal with more issues like those. All is well that ends well, right.!
loven'hugs from up north where an arctic chill sure put a chill in the bones.
Stay warm down there..we have sunshine but please send the heat...