Thursday, October 20, 2022

The sign read: Radon Therapy Mine… WHAT? -

 That Car:

 1947 Chevy 1/2 ton Pick up, GM & Ford made some tough trucks...


 For today:

I would think you have heard, RADON is very dangerous, it can kill. So my curiosity got the best of me near Boulder, Montana, when we saw the sign used in the title of this entry; RV PARK, RADON THERAPY MINE .  Actually methinks it is the same trip we discovered Devil’s Lake. We had to see this. This was a 'defunct Uranium Mine.'

We pulled up, “Reservations? We were asked.”

“No Ma’am, we just stopped by, your sign fueled my curiosity.”

“If you want to see the cave or even get some therapy, spend the night with us and I will give you a tour in the morning and you will understand.” We took a site.

(Pictures from the net, again I cannot find ours, but this is honestly real!)

There were some great trails and areas for folks to ride trail bikes, even dirt bikes and 4 wheelers. BUT what amazed us were the testimonials of the RV’rs there. A couple swore if they did not come yearly for a 1-2 week therapy session, they would be dead.

This is not the sign we saw, so there must be other Radon therapy believers..



WE saw people playing games:


We heard, “I feel more alive when I leave.”

     “Refreshes my brain, my thought processes are clearer!”

           “This place has cured my arthritis!”

It was a very interesting stay. On the tour we saw folk lying on the floor of the ‘Mine.’  Sitting in chairs reading, couples chatting as they spent their allotted time in the mine soaking up the RADON! They pay by the hour and are limited to how long they can stay each ‘session’.

One person did say, “This is safe chemo therapy!” 

(ME, my mind ???)

Most of the people there were repeat customers…

NiteShipslog

PS: WE enjoyed the tour and info, but decided against taking part. Right or wrong, I could not deny the sincerity of the active believers.

BUT…. It sorta bothered me to read, “Pregnant Women are not allowed in the mine.”  ;-)

This doesn't help my mind either:

Radon is the number one cause of lung cancer among non-smokers, according to EPA estimates

 

9 comments:

Glenda said...

Ummm... I read almost every day...If I have time. I'm actively participating in an online course that will teach me more!!!
On occasion, (often) I will go back and read the Shipslog as I don't want to miss anything that is happening in your world! I LOVE you Darnells; ONE and ALL: especially Jackie, Jr., he was the first precious child of our Ministers who came to the Conrad farm for Sunday Lunch/Dinner with handmade Dumplings and Chicken grown on the farm. Y'all just made everything better in our world when you pastored our Church. There is no one following Sherry whoever made the impact that woman, Sherry made on the world of Boone County, Missouri! If I were still a Cheerleader I'd turn handsprings in honor of the Darnell history that pulses in my veins. Thanks to Chalk drawings, an incredible, Wife/Husband, and baby Jackie, JR we had so much enjoyment every time they came to our farm! p.s. I LOVED the "Cry of the Wild Goose, ijs

Chatty Crone said...

Ah, no thank you.

NanaDiana said...

Not for me, Jack. I think it might be dangerous in the long run...but then...what do I know.
I always love your stories and observations. Hugs- Diana

Woody said...

I'll Pass on the Radon Mine Trip. Good Post as usual ! You 2 take care and behave, sending down love from the North, Gary and Anna Mae !

Mevely317 said...

Once again, you've stunned me with little known facts.
I don't know. Maybe having grown up where I did, the thought of radon poisoning seems remote. Sure, I'd take the tour.

yaya said...

I'd never heard of this therapy. I'll have to ask Jack since he's always in the know as a Chiropractor of alternative therapies. As much as I would love something to cure my arthritis not sure this is the way. I also have some lung nodules and one that looks a bit suspicious that will be looked at again in a few weeks. I've never smoked so I wonder about radon and also second hand smoke as I grew up in a house where my Dad smoked. Anyway, it looks like an interesting place! P.S..I would love a truck like the one featured! In red please!

betty said...

I googled this to get more information. It certainly isn't cheap and does close for the winter. I'd be curious to take a tour and that is about it.

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

People will believe what they want to believe.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'd rather go with the tried and true and stay away from the unknown. I'd have to know a lot more before I took a tour there. Doesn't sound safe to me. Some people are looking for a quick fix and would try anything. Not me.