Saturday, March 16, 2013

Folks come and go

(Do you ever feel like you go thru life juggling or trying to keep things balance?)

Some of us started with AOL Journals, then AOLJ died and we scattered.  Many of us Landing here at Blogger. In all that time I have sorta tried to make an entry every day. I took one break on Journals and one break here on Blogger.

zpfile007

But today I started thinking of the ones I miss. There is Ora and Debbie who still read and comment every once in awhile. I loved to read about their lives. Some of the most interesting entries are about past lives and I enjoyed learning about them.

zpfile006

I miss Randy of ‘My hand is shaking…’. Not many men on as bloggers. Remember ‘Say it Baldies’? Sherry & I had planned to see him in Colorado, but he passed away just before we got there. I miss Bill, he left us too. Then there was Dribbles by Chuck, After he passed his daughter put on his blog, “Chuck has left the building”.

zpfile008

There was the  pretty ‘Light Blue Life’.

Then the two bloggers I liked to follow from the UK, Life with Ally and Mortonlake @‘Caring and Sharing’, he was up 4 weeks ago. Ally has disappeared.

zpfile013

Is DD around?

I think many have gone to Facebook, I go over to FB every once in awhile, but I get pretty confused (part of being old).

But do I miss folks? Yeah, it is sorta like losing a friend.

zpfile010

Chuck was unique. He Blogged and journaled from the ‘Old Folks Home’. He had some good tales. He was able to convey a happy attitude from there, good for us older guys.

Anyway, I was just thinking.  (Not wise of me sometimes.)

Now in closing this post, some folks are masters of balancing their lives, I admire them very much.

Thanks for stopping by the log.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

The older we get the more we depend on memories, good ones are best.

************************************************

image005

Get the max out of your vehicle! Does anyone know what this guy is hauling? Or how they loaded it?

Is that a wig for a giant?

(I tried KASHMARK.COM, nada)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are definitely people I miss, but a few stayed friends with me outside of blogging, & a few even visited me. Deb I love. Whenever she posts I'm happy about it, regardless of content(though I want her life to be going well, of course). ~Mary

ps those rocks were like a meditation for me.

Jackie said...

Jack...I love my blogging friends. If they leave or if they pass away, it saddens me beyond words. Even though one might not have physically met someone, one gets close to those we blog and read with/about. Blogging friends are very special to me.
And...may I add that I love the photos you included with your blog today. You have a wonderful ability to find and use photos that are not only spectacular, but fit perfectly with your blog. Thank you for putting such love and time into your writing. I enjoy being here.
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs,
Jackie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Like you I came over from AOL journals and sure do miss many of the friends I made there. After reading their journals almost every day for several years I felt like I knew them quite well. Some are still around in blogger, but there are less and less. I'm not a fan of FB. I think it doesn't compare to blogging. It is nice for short sentences or pictures but most don't write much at all. I prefer to blog and I'll be making a post every day as long as I can do so. I'd miss my friends too much. Glad you make the effort too.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Like you I came over from AOL journals and sure do miss many of the friends I made there. After reading their journals almost every day for several years I felt like I knew them quite well. Some are still around in blogger, but there are less and less. I'm not a fan of FB. I think it doesn't compare to blogging. It is nice for short sentences or pictures but most don't write much at all. I prefer to blog and I'll be making a post every day as long as I can do so. I'd miss my friends too much. Glad you make the effort too.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess sugar cane on the truck -- loaded by cheaply-paid, but innovative men.

b. knox

TARYTERRE said...

I used to read Chuck and Ally's blogs too. Fond memories of both.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the picture of the truck is just to advertise a site that sells stock photos. (There is actually an "I" between the "R" and the "K." I was pretty sure from the listings that I did *NOT* want to peruse their site.
Who knows, that picture could be just photoshopped.
b.k.

shirl72 said...

I don't comment on many and don't
update my blog. I think I am busy.
I read a few and comment. I have
lots of friends that have passed.
Age want stand still, we just keep
aging. Sad but true. Well Sat.
is here again, weeks flying by.
I do enjoying reading the blogs.

Helen said...

http://wwwlifewithally.blogspot.com/
It's been about a year since Ally posted.

Morton Lake posts on FB quite often.

Been a while since I have posted myself.
Love those rocks stacked up on those falls.

Anonymous said...

Yes.
And currently am wishing I would have at least five hands and two heads.
Tired.
The advantage I see on FB is the immediate message, that one has commented or liked ones stuff, makes it also easy to do oneself; while blogging demands many more clicks and time.
The rocks, thank you for the inspiration. Please have you all a good Sunday.

Chatty Crone said...

I have lost touch with some too - I don't always know where they go - I guess they get tired or blogging, they get a job, get busy with family - I'm not sure. I am on FB, but I don't like it. It is just a quick blurb and it's done - you may catch it or not. I definitely love blogging. They feel like - you feel like - a real friend.
sandie

Mevely317 said...

Again, you've touched on a subject that I've wondered about for a good while. I suspect many have moved onto FB, but it's those men/women who just disappear without a proper "goodbye" that I find unsettling. (Makes me want to start checking the hospitals - lol.)

Sorry for being AWOL from the computer this week. My precious "fur-daughter" passed away suddenly; since then, it's so hard even going through the motions of living.




Paula said...

It does make you feel odd when a good friend in blogs just disappears without a goodbye. I've wondered about Ally too. I do e-mail one or two about once a year and they answer. I guess friendship means more to some then others and then some may be ill or too busy. John always say when I make a friend it's for life. I'm still in contact with people from high school and tenants I had in the 70's.

betty said...

There are lots that have gone by the wayside that used to be on AOL, and then others that have passed. I think it is those that just suddenly stop posting that we often wonder what is going on with them. It is good to have closure for those that have passed and their families let us know, even though we are saddened at their passing. Good reminder for us to leave instructions for someone to do a final blog on us to "tie up loose ends" so to speak.

FB does have a group of bloggers that used to be on AOL that interact with each other. I think a lot who don't blog keep up on each other through that source.

betty