Monday, March 4, 2013

Smiles

What makes you smile?

Lately I smile, when I see one of the grand kids e-mail address in my in-box.

I smile when I see a special person pop up on our screen savers.

When Sherry comes close and I know she wants a kiss.

Road to FL thanksgiving 001Road to FL thanksgiving 016

When I see an old car on the road.

When I smell sawn wood.

When I see a ripe tomato a vine.

When I think of my mama & daddy.

momanddad

When I remember Alaska.

When I think of possibly going to Ireland.

Thoughts of spending time with our sons on a long trip.

Scan0017 - Copyscanoldpic7 065 - Copy

Sherry’s mama was a cutie, too soon taken from us, but thoughts of her make me smile.

Children and puppies make me smile.

I smile when remembering the Appalachian Trail.

Remembering mama making biscuits makes me smile. I don’t remember he using a cutter,  but before they went in the oven she always touched each biscuit with her first two knuckles, her signature.

It is amazing how many things in this life can bring a smile. Some people smile and others SMILE. There are people who have some hidden feature that generates so much energy, that their whole self smiles. Our sister Kat and my mama was like that.

scan1990-91 051scan1990-91 056scan1996-97 0841

scan1994-96 002

There is a sad smile also. A bitter-sweet one. A smile generated by what was, but never will be again. I have several of those, they often bring a tear along with a smile. It is usually some special person who has passed from this life.

Ah, life, live it while you can, smile so that smile will be passed on. There is always someone who needs a big smile.

Thanks for coming this way, I know you have other things to do, so it was nice to have you.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

Smile awhile, and give your face a rest.

Smile awhile that is what we do best.

*************************************************

image01919

Smile….. Remember Pac-man

pac-man-car

Smile now, because you won’t see this again until Sheila moves again!

wearemoving

you are wrong

(That is your other right!)

11 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh Jack - I love smiles. I try to be happy - as happy as possible. I find if you go out and smile at someone - more often then not they will smile back at you.

I love Everyone Loves Raymond.

Andy and Disco makes me smile, cute pictures of animals, flowers, and beautiful scenery - and of course - YOUR BLOG!

Hugs, sandie

Anonymous said...

A baby spit up on Jack(an ex bf) the other day. That definitely made me smile. Hearing a woman say: I only get stressed when you don't do what I say!( I think to her husband) made me smile. Politicians who say: Trust me. People who say: I haven't eaten anything all day...;o

Oh, lots of stuff.

Sheila Y said...

Bite your tongue Jack...don't say the move word. I think I have a picture of that tree at the Alamo. It was a neat tree. Stay warm, I think my blizzard chances are waning...Sheila

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

Please have you all a good Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

This blog post made me smile. :-)

b. knox

Mevely317 said...

Another great share, Jack!
I'm going to start Right Now, musing on all those little things that make me smile.
Being an obsessive list-maker, this should be guaranteed to put my mind in a sweet place prior to going to sleep!

Paula said...

There is nothing that makes me smile more then reading about you and Sherry. Oh and when my grandson called to thank me for the money I sent in his valentine. Yes my grandson is grown and I still send him a valentine.

betty said...

You listed lots to smile about, Jack. Lots of blessings in your life and lots of wonderful memories!! I too believe the world needs more smiles indeed!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You have me SMILING now and what a great way to start off the day! I'll probably be smiling the whole day now. SMILES are wonderful and everyone needs them. The best thing is they are free and we can pass them on to others that need them. I loved reading about the things that make you smile. Hope you all are warmer and have a terrific Tuesday!

Rose said...

All your special smiles make me smile.

I enjoyed reading this Post the first thing this morning along with my coffee. Put a nice smile on my face.

Hugs to my favorite couple.

~mel said...

YOU!