Friday, November 8, 2019

Fast Wimmin’


Interesting Car:
   1965 Peel, Imma thinking the first Smart car!

For today:
My daddy warned me about ‘Fast Women’.  I have done well and steered clear of ‘em…….. Until yesterday.

We were invited out to lunch/dinner by some beautiful ladies. Daisy (94), Ann (92) and Ann’s daughter Brenda, a kid around 70. Son Jack also came to dinner.


When the waitress came I whispered, ‘One ticket to me!’ She smiled and nodded.  We were dining at the Captain’s Cap a nice local restaurant. The meal was great. These girls are a joy to be around. Of course it was Sherry’s Birthday party. 

These ladies have led interesting lives plus  Daisy’s son is a well known Archeologist in his field. He has filled her home with treasures from around the world. I have done some work in her home and was impressed with stuff from the early 1000s, etc.
Anyway the check never came. I excused myself and found the waitress. And asked for the check....You are not fast enough kid, Daisy is older but she is a fast woman! That is a first!!! At least I got the tip, the waitress had brought extra plates for the cake. 


 We had a great time. Sherry won’t soon forget this birthday. This was her second BD cake. And her entire family has called or came to see her for her BD.
Nite Shipslog

8 comments:

betty said...

Got to be a step quicker the next time, Jack! It looked like it was an enjoyable time for all and I'm glad Sherry had a great birthday dinner with friends and family (and it was great that she even included you to come along with her :)

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Sheri is a sweetheart.

Woody said...

Looks like a good Birthday Party for your Lovely Wife! Glad they let you join them ! Cold, Parked car in Garage as it is 17 degrees at 7:00PM ! All looking Good, Take care, Enjoy the evening, love from the North country ! Gary an Anna Mae

Susie said...

Happy birthday to Sherry. Hey some people can drag a birthday out for a week. I like that , don't you? More cake please. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Mevely317 said...

I love the expression on Sherry's face in that second picture! Let the good times keep keeping on!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a wonderful birthday celebration. Got to watch out for those fast wimmin. Glad you picked up the tip! I hope Sherry enjoys all the celebrations. Birthdays are definitely something to celebrate!

Dar said...

Sweet of the gals, you and Jr. to help Sherry celebrate her birthday. Let me guess, the cake was chocolate for such a pretty lady. Ya gotta be quick to get ahead of a fast woman. She was determined and probably knew you'd try to outsmart her. lol
love n' hugs on this hog butchering day up north. I see pork chops and roast in our future. Stay warm. I see arctic air headed your way too. It's been nasty cold with the wind but at least today it's supposed to be calmer and warmer for the guys working in the bitter elements.

Glenda said...

Jack, you're incorrigible! Dinner sounds like an awesome time. Sherry only gets more beautiful by the day, Love Glemda