Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Mistakes and thinking


Interesting Car:


 This car and the last few I have used come from my 'strange car' file. I know little to nothing about them. They just caught my eye. This one should never be driven in mud or rain. LOL

For today:
I checked this motor home closer today and the bad airbag  is in the rear. There is some frame damage so the $ amount climbs.  I stopped by the grocery store and picked up a few groceries and two windshield wipers. Leaving the store I wasn’t paying much attention, I had my mind on the work coming up on the coach.

Sherry has been the bookkeeper since we retired. She was looking at the bill after dinner before recording it. She said, “Well good, you got the wipers.”

My mind went back to unloading the groceries and I couldn’t remember where I put the wipers. I looked everywhere. Then it dawned on me, I did not remember transferring them from the buggy to the car, I had left them in the buggy.

I went back to the store. I knew it was a long shot but I checked. No one had turned them in, so I bought replacements.  That isn’t the worst mistake I have made lately, but a few things are adding up and it does bother me some. I laugh at myself many times that I do not know what day it is (it really isn’t a happy laugh!).

One of my dad’s favorite jokes back in a time when some people were saying ‘most problems and sickness is in the mind.’  Dad told of a little boy that came home and said to his dad, “Dad, you know Ms. Brown down the street who is sick ?”

“Son you mean the lady who ‘thinks’ she is sick!”
“Yes that is her. She thinks she is dead now, they just put her in a hearse.”

So we all make mistakes at times thinking, so maybe I just ‘think’ I might have a problem.  LOL

Nite Shipslog
 PS: I hope someone found the wipers that needed them. ;-)

11 comments:

betty said...

I don't think you have a problem, Jack. You were probably having your mind on the repairs for the motor home and wasn't thinking all too clearly when moving purchased items into your vehicle. I have been known to leave cases of soft drinks in the very bottom of carts in the past. Recently my daughter in law left her purse in the shopping cart. Imagine our delight when I went to see if it was at the store and it was with money intact! So there are honest people out there. Perhaps these will have a change of heart and return the wipers to the store.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

it happens as we age. but i remember doing things like that in my youth too. you just get busy thinking about all the things you need to do and it slips your mind. not a darn thing wrong with your head. loved the story about mrs. brown. a lesson to be learned there for sure.

Peter parker said...

How to send bitcoin from the Binance account|Binance number

Do you know how to send bitcoin from the Binance account? If you don’t know the process and looking for assistance, you can always ask for inventive and accessible solutions from the skilled professionals who are there to assist you.You can take help from the team who is ready to guide you in the right direction via Binance customer support number.Talk to the experts who are going to help you out from unwanted issues with the approach of quality solutions.
Website: https://bit.ly/2r0xzZS

Woody said...

Interesting, I have no idea what day of the week it is unless I ask My Honey, she also reminds me on Saturday Night we have Church the next day as it is Sunday ! I also will find I can not find a word I am looking for and she is not allowed to tell me so I struggle to find the word I am looking for... Right now it is 51 and southern breeze outside, saw a picture of your Miss Sherry on Facebook, She looks beautiful ! Stay Warm, Love from the North, Gary & Anna Mae !

Chatty Crone said...

I don't think you have a problem - because if you did then I would have one. I wished my hairstylist a happy Easter yesterday! Why I know no idea.

Mevely317 said...

Oh boy, that's a funny/sad joke. Gotta share that one with Tom!
In the last 6 months I've done the same thing at the Wal-Mart check-out. The first time we went right back, but of course, had to presume the lady behind us just picked up our bags and waltzed out. The second time I was more lucky they'd set the merchandise aside. But it does make me question my sanity, lol.

yaya said...

Jack found a cucumber left in the cart. He asked around but it didn't belong to anyone. I'm sure the shopper won't be returning to claim the lone cucumber. Unless it's the secret ingredient for a Thanksgiving dish they're making! We have a grocery store here that bags your groceries, loads them into a bin and puts them on a conveyor belt. You take a plastic card..it's good sized...with a number on it that matches the bin. You go to your car and drive to a special area to get your groceries. Someone loads them into your car. Great idea huh! It's not so great when you get home with no groceries and just the big plastic card with the number of your bin on it! Not that I ever did that..just relating a friend's experience...Ok, I did it. Thankfully you just go back and the groceries are still there!

Glenda said...

We are all in denial about something, I BELIEVE that you are of sound mind and will focus more now on the immediate; quit thinking about what is going on outside your sphere, and concentrate your enormous ability and creativity on the things that matter....leaving a bag of groceries is nothing. IF it was Jackie or Mark, I'd say "Yeah, perhaps get this checked out"; but really we ALL have "Sometimerz", sometimes. Warm hugs, Glenda in chilly Chobee!

Susan Kane said...

My mind cannot travel in two different directions at once. Sounds like you and I are the same!

Dar said...

Glenda's description is perfect........I know I've had my share of ' sometimerz.' On our way across the state with the RV pulling the boat, I forgot my purse in the restaurant booth. I did remember it right away, Bill pulled into a parking lot while I ran back to see if it was still there. The hostess was waiting at the desk with it....saying, 'Did you forget something?'
Embarrassing but everything was ok so yes, there are still honest people out there.......all hope is not lost. I've done the same too many times with so much running through this head of mine...like I tell my family, 'don't try to figure out this brain.'
love n' hugs from up north where we are in the middle of a warm blizzard so the snow is pushing hard and heavy. BUT, it's a winter wonderland out there.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Mistakea are only opportunities to grown and learn so glad you are able to do so. Don't give up, try again. At ;east they had more wipers to buy.