Saturday, December 25, 2021

A Christmas Card for Sherry

 Transportation of the day (night):


                                    For today:

We have decided to exchange cards, no presents this year. So I complied.  I wanted a ’55 Chevy Bel Aire but she asked, “Where would you put it?” That killed that idea. ;-(

Someone asked me the other day what was the best Christmas Present I received as a kid. I don’t even have to think, all my life I have remember the thrill of the 20” bicycle. It was a used Indian make and I was with dad when he bought it for $5. That was a full day’s wages! We took it home in the trunk of dad’s ’41 Chevy and put it up until Christmas Morning.

 BUT, but the BEST Present EVER was Sherry. WE stood before Justice Nunn in York, SC. He asked the Big question I answered “Yes Sir” (vs I DO!). When it came Sherry’s turn she also answered “Yes Sir!” (military bearing!)

I was 17 she was 18 (an older woman). That day I knew she was mine and I was hers for life…… (She says “So Far”!)

Before I met her of course..... She sure was cute, huh?

I know y’all get tired of hearing it, but we have been married over 65 years. I am not being nice here, but it is a fact I was a jealous sucker and at times life it was not fun for her. But she put up with it, thank the Lord. A lesser lady would have told me, “Hit the Road Jack!”

Facts: She has lived in small trailers, vans, cars, one remodeled chicken house,  motor home (22 years) and three or four nice homes; SHE HAS NEVER ONCE C[j1] OMPLAINED.

                        

(I carried that picture in my wallet for years on deployments (USN cruises)

Am I blessed, fortunate, lucky or WHAT?  The bonus of all that is she was beautiful when we married and she is right now,

So when you read this Sherry, this is your Christmas Card and I love you to pieces. (Please keep me!)  Jack

                Merry Christmas

               To Sherry and ALL who read this.

Nite Shipslog

PS: The front of Sherry's actual card, by Hallmark

I am out of here mouse just died..... no aaa batts!



 [j1]L

8 comments:

Gary and Anna Mae said...

Merry Christmas and wishs for a Safe, Healthy Happy New Year ! I think you have the Perfect Christmas Present and a very Beautiful One at that, Merry Christmas Sherry, He is a Lucky Man !!!!! Love from the North Country covered in Snow and watching it Rain at 38 degrees ! Gary and Anna Mae

betty said...

What a sweet card for Sherry, Jack! I know she loved it! I like the one you made with Hallmark too. So cute on the front with the pictures and sentiment! Best gifts were the two of you found each other and have made a fantastic life together!! Hope you had a nice Christmas Day! Merry Christmas!

betty

Mevely317 said...

Well, THIS is probably the sweetest Christmas card in the history of ever. You two may not be perfect, but I think y'all make the perfect couple.

PS - Nope, I never get tired of hearing your love story!

yaya said...

What a sweet idea! She's a beauty inside and out and you are a wonderful husband...even if it took 65yrs to get there! Ha! I hope your Christmas day was good and fun and filled with love. Merry Christmas from me...Kathy..aka YaYa and my Jack!

Glenda said...

There are not enough words to say how how important Sherry is to so many people; church, family and friends....we all love her for the angel she is. Every compliment above is so true.
Merry Christmas! Lots of love and hugs, Glenda

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a wonderful post and what a lovely and loving Christmas card for Sherry.

You are a great example as a couple to many people in the world today. May God bless you and your family always.

Dar said...

I never get tired of reading of how genuine your love for one another is. Now you top it off with the best Christmas cards to one another. God has surely blessed you both for 65+ years. Amen to that!!!
love n' hugs from up north where we are supposed to get dumped on by morning...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.❄❄❄❄⛄

Lisa said...

Such a sweet post. I love the card you made for her.
Me and Nick do not get each other gifts at Christmas. We give each other things throughout the year to make up or it. Ha.

Lisa