Thursday, December 16, 2021

Smiling in Georgia just off I-95

Memorable Automobiles from The Past:

 1931 Buick 4 door


                For today On the Road:

WE have this thing, it works in our House and Trailer, BUT much better here in the Motor Home.  There are lots of plusses about living in this motor home, but one is the tolls I COLLECT. I don’t allow Sherry to pass me without ‘paying a toll’. The toll is a kiss.

Yesterday we both laughed. I was preoccupied, cowboys call it ‘wool gathering’ and she got by me without paying the toll. Then she said, you forgot the toll....... She had to pay double, plus a little ‘extra!’

(AT times she is in her second childhood!!!)  ;-)

I guess you can tell we are on the road again. On the road we are silly kids. When stopped we walk holding hands. At times she will kiss me, she just cannot control herself. I can't count the times some sweet younger person will say that is sweet. Two or three have said, “This is a Hall Mark moment.”

In upper Michigan once Santa pulled over to welcome us to town. One wise man slowed down and yelled, “Get a motel Room!

(You might not know it, but a lot of truth here!!!)

             

Life is good, we are thankful for our health at this age. Yesterday we were invited to have dinner with Grandson Josh  his wife Megan, daughter Rosemary and little Oliver Jack. Megan did ‘Texas Chili’ and made it mild, since Sherry must cut back on some spicy foods.

WE had a great time. I played peek a boo with Ollie. I hugged little Rosemary and told her I would tell her Grandpa Jack (jr) about it and he might just rush back. The kids love their Grandpa Jack. He is on a tour of the USA and is in Utah with his son Ben and granddaughter Elsie Mae at present.

NiteShipslog

PS:.........  

                              

4 comments:

betty said...

Glad Grandpa Jack can spend some time out west with the family there! The dinner you had with Josh and his family sounds delicious!

betty

Glenda said...

This may 'top the charts' as the very best Blog ever written ~ I laughed my way through it! It's a wonderful thing that Sherry is so gentle and graceful ~ she tolerates your shenanagins!

Sounds as if dinner with Josh and family was a delightful "Great-Grandpa/Gramma" time. You're gonna miss them, however if they come to Flawda to visit there's a spot here in Okeechobee where they are welcome to stay, but only if Jack, Jr. comes along! And he'd love to camp out on my big leather couch. Keneconrad says it's the best sleeper he ever had and left three $100 dollar bills under the Pineapple Painted tray on the "bedside table". [when confronted "Awe I brought more than I needed"; my brothers are the best ~ that Church of God upbringing.]
N E Way, it's closing on 6 a.m. and I'm gonna take a nap. My Glenn Dawg woke me at 2 a.m. and I've been cleaning up past emails etc. for awhile, but my boy-child rescue pup has settled down, I'll take advantage of his quietude and rest awhile.
Love you to the moon!
Glenda




























[And a Big Lake where they can fish. The largest fresh water body east of the Mississippi River, BTW].

Wish y'all a very "Merry" and a happy, "Happy New 2022"!

Warm Hugs from Chobee, Glenda

Safe travels y'all. You know Leesburg ain't that far and someone has an upcoming birthday! I'll cook up a 10 quart pot of Mama's Chicken 'n Dumplings AND>>>>>>>my famous Raspberry Cream Cheese Cake for dessert. Mull it over, Sherry would love to see my "improvements" and, if you hit at the right time, I have hundreds of books going for next to nothing. Only ones not for sale are: "S'GAR, RAGS, FINALLY LOVE, and my beloved STICKY" ....SOME AUTOGRAPHED BY THE AUTHOR!

Otherwise, I have a lifetime of collected and kept, books that need to go Bye-Bye. Come for the yard sale early and because you two are special, you may peruse the bookcase early. Let me tell you, there's a number of "collectibles" that were here when I bought this antiquated property. Y'all may just find one of those you're hankering for!!!
Love and warm hugs from Chobee, Glenda
so.....for some bizarre reason this program will not allow me to eliminate the spaces in between. I need lessons.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless you both. You are such a great example of love and happiness. I wish you all the best of the best. Happiness and good health always.

God bless you and your family.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you are on your way again, and hoping you'll soon be home in Florida again. How nice to be where it is warm. It's a chilly rainy morning here but they say we might have snow later on tonight. You two are definitely like a Hallmark moment sharing all that love. Don't stop, more need to see that!