Saturday, December 18, 2021

Backing up to NC for a minute

 Memorable Automobiles from The Past:

 1950  Chevy coupe the first car we had when we married. In '56

UPdate:
The plant in the entry is blurred, but Buddy just emailed me to say it is a Lantana. Looks like a miniature bouquet of tine flowers. Beautiful. 

For today:

It is no joke, Sherry & I do have a good time together. She even knows how to take a joke (at times! ;-)).

Anyway I thought in retrospect I would let you know that we really do know about fall and winter.  While my sweetheart was ‘studying’ for those medical tests, then enjoying taking them, I was busy outside.

This is what we drove into at the NC home. Remember those leaves you guys raked or watched lay.  We accumulated some more while we were gone. When we left Sherry & I had cleared all this area.

 


Even around the Blue headed dragon. It is growing ‘scales’ by the way, some type of fungus or mushrooms and adds to his character.

 

I got to work and hauled loads to the woods on a tarp.

Oh yes, Tom (Tiger 1) and his Sister Scaredy-cat were happy to have me back. I spent some time in the swing with Tom. He sure likes to snuggle. They definitely haven’t gone hungry. Michelle and Richard keeps them fed. I left 22 lbs of food for ‘em.

 

They are tame Feral cats.
We are missing at least 3 kitties, but that is Ferals I guess.

Finally back to Florida. I was out by the grapefruit tree and a bush growing at the base with some beautiful little colorful flowers.  Here is one.

 

This is my pretty flower holding that little flower…

 

NiteShipslog

PS  I have a wild imagination. I love t see forms in clouds, mountains, trees and buses as I drive.  Here I saw a dinosaur waiting for us as we started across Jacksonville Bay,Florida.



5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Seeing all those leaves reminds me that is what my yard looks like now, we never got the leaves cleared this year and at this point, I guess they'll wait until next Spring. I can no longer do it myself, like you can. I depend on the help of others that will hopefully come when spring arrives. Who knows maybe the winter winds will blow some away, meanwhile, they wait until someone gets to them. Those are some beautiful flowers. and the best of all is your beautiful Sherry, the fairest in the garden for sure!

betty said...

Lovely picture of Sherry holding that flower! I don't think I have seen a flower like that before!! You guys had so many leaves to clear away! Lots of hard work doing it! So glad too that the kitties continue to do well, the ones that come around, and that you/your neighbor are taking care of them!

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Yes, I can definitely see the dinosaur by the edge of the road. Great photo.

You have a wonderful place. I like the dragon in the woods.

God bless you and Sherry. Great photo of Sherry.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

Yep, that dragon in your woods has definitely got character! Still, not as striking as pretty Sherry... that's a great shot!
I'm not going to mention the leaves' clean-up to Tom. Poor guy paid 3 guys day before Thanksgiving to come get rid of ours and two days later Mother Nature brought us more. Someone said when they decay it's a good fertilizer. We'll have to take their word for it.

Unknown said...

I really like the blog and I hope people will have a new blog, thanks for the blog
កាលេងBaccaratគឺជាអ្វី?​​