Monday, April 27, 2015

Two equals One

There is something satisfying when two become one. I noticed the feeling this morning in the shower.  It always takes two or three showers but finally this morning my old bar of soap is finally married to my new bar of soap, now the ‘cake’ of soap is bigger and better for a few days. I like it when they quit breaking apart!

maxresdefault

So I got to thinking, there are a lot of things that merge and make one:

The Three legged race

three-legged-race3LeggedRace(1)

Chocolate and vanilla Ice cream, I like to stir them together.

smconetwist

Mashed potatoes and gravy

mashedpot-2

Grits and over easy eggs mixed and stirred together.

435335231_7be196ba09 

And as a kid: a nickel pack of salted p-nuts funneled into my nickel bottled Pepsi!

IMG_1499

Yellow and Blue paint make Green!

  goldfish-in-a-bowl-5    

Fish and water!  Oh, did you hear about the guy who was concerned about his beautiful gold fish he was sure it was having seizures. So he took it to a vet. The vet said he normally did not treat fish but he would look at it.

“Your fish seems to be normal sir,” the doctor said as he looked at the fish swimming peacefully in the little portable bowl.

“Sure he does, I haven’t taken him out of the water to pet him yet!”

Thanks for stopping by for this silly time. 

Nite Shipslog

PS: Lately I have had problems with mud, you know water and dirt make MUD!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Two (or more) become one!

28740_centipedelimo ford_2004-Thunderbird_FAB_1_Concept-004_2 screen10Double-Cabin-CarStrange_Cars_22jclpx1

10 comments:

Paula said...

Love this entry. You save that sliver of old soap too? I just cannot bring myself to throw it away like some people do. I remember those peanuts in soda. You know what I like to make into one is dry oatmeal and applesauce.

betty said...

Look at all those cars! Interesting variety here today with them :) Too cute with the joke. I like the pairs you listed here, I too mix chocolate and vanilla ice cream together. Growing up there was an ice cream place that just did chocolate/vanilla ice cream cones together, called Twin Kiss :)

betty

Unknown said...

Cute entry. I love the ice cream cone. I remember when the Better Burger in Troy, NC started carrying "mixed." I was thrilled because I had always had such a terrible time trying to decide between chocolate and vanilla. With mixed I didn't have to choose!

shirl72 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shirl72 said...

I left my comment and it would not
post. Need to see what is the
problem.

Mevely317 said...

Love your imagination, Jack! (I'll never look at a soap sliver the same way again - lol!)

I enjoy grits and I love over-easy eggs, but haven't tried mixing them. Sounds delish!

Cher' Shots said...

I have a little mesh shower bag that I toss old soap into to use it up. We were taught not to waste and old habits sometimes the best to have, especially in this disposable world we live in.
'love & hugs from afar'

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I like all the comparisons of two becoming one. I think there is a reason why and that is that no one or anything is half as good as they can be without adding another to the mix. Just like you and Sherry are such a great couple. It's still on the chilly side here dipping in to the 30's at night but the sun is up here this morning and they say we may get near 60 today! Hope you dry out soon and the mud dries up there.

TARYTERRE said...

Those grits and eggs mixed together look mighty tasty. YUM.

Sheila Y said...

Oh yes I mate my sliver with the next bar of soap too. Rick likes eating vanilla and chocolate ice cream together. Rick likes grits and eggs but he don't mix them together like we do :-D his one flaw but I guess I'll keep him...ha. Take care and stay dry, Sheila