Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I needed more room for my play stuff

When we are in Belmont I have lots of things to fix, or play with. Anyway I did not have a work bench.

A couple years ago I put up a roof against a storage barn to cover a couple riding lawn mowers. I did not have the equipment handy to take the tree down so I built around it. I also made the mistake of ‘temporarily’ covering it with plastic that doesn’t breath and creates a damp area that ants love.  It had to come down. So I decided to take the tree down when I tore it down.   100_1270 - Copy

This was the location, the old lean-to and tree are gone.

100_1272 - Copy

Just a shot of a sky Sherry wasn’t too thrilled with and I thought was beautiful.

100_1276 - Copy

Above is what my original plans were, Just a place to get all the lawn mowers and tillers under.

100_1267 - Copy

Above is the before shot. Below is the after shot.

100_1322 - Copy

We happen to get all the rain from a 1/4 mile long ditch sending it right toward this shed and  right across our property, so I had to dig two drainage ditches.

100_1323 - Copy 100_1324 - Copy

Above is our little private area for our ‘campfires’

100_1325 - Copy

The above view is from the camp fire spot. How do you like that big Freightliner truck grill? (Mark found it on the side of the road)

100_1326 - Copy

Entering door on the left. I cut a door from the lean-to to the storage building. As you see the idea grew from the dirt floor to a climate controlled area.

100_1327

Looking to the left you see The storage and lawn mower area. Below looking to the right my play area.

100_1328 - Copy

Now I have room to play & store.

100_1330 - Copy

I mentioned the bucket seats I made for all the Grands. Steve and Josh’s seats are the only two left.

100_1333 - Copy

I ran across Sherry’s letters received on the med cruise in 1968.

100_1334 - Copy 

Letters, pictures, and count down calendar.

Now I am sorting stuff and playing. I B a happy camper.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

Life is good when you have a recreation area.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

crosley_cc4_pickup_1951_web2_71f73c4c088b7111325ea62a4acec200

1951 Crosley pick-up . Crosley was one of the first line compacts in the USA

14 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

LOVE the Grill....!!

Paula said...

You've been busy. Everyone needs a play area.

betty said...

A bucket seat really was made from a bucket :) How cute!! Looks like a great area to store and play in Jack! Lots of hard work to get there though!

betty

Mevely317 said...

Why, you may be a candidate for next season's HGTV fixer-upper series! :) That truck grill is the perfect accompaniment!

... but my absolute fav is the countdown calendar, photo wallet and Sherry's letters. Precious stuff.

Rick Watson said...

I love the grill on the front. Nice touch. When you get through, come on down to Alabama...I have a project that could use your help:)
R

shirl72 said...

I don't how I miss a blog. Jude
is such a sweet baby. I guess I
got to much to do running Belmont.
Glad you about finished with your
projects. We both like to be busy.
We learned from our parents.
GOD LOVE THEM,

Unknown said...

It's great that you have a play area and storage area. I like the campfire area a lot, too. The bucket seats are clever.
I have to tell you, though, that's an International grill, not a Freightliner. (Sometimes when Caleb was just a little younger, we would see how many of each make of 18-wheeler was on the highway.)

Unknown said...

*were* "...how many *were* on the highway..."

Unknown said...

*were* "...how many *were* on the highway..."

Anonymous said...

Helloooooo

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, also known as JJ.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, the clouds are awesome.

TARYTERRE said...

Congrats on job well done. That GRILL is cool as can be.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Everyone has to have room to play and I'm very happy to see you got your space now to do what you want to. I can imagine you are a very happy camper ! Great job !