Tuesday, May 12, 2015

There are times I Luck–out

Suitcase vintage-suitcase-vintages

I enjoy  living in this motor home. VERY SELDOM do we have to pack a suit case. But last weekend we did. I grabbed the Kindle Fire and took it to read. I am reading a cute book recommended by Myra, “The Purpose of a Dog”. It is funny and logical. It is told from the standpoint of the dog from birth. The Writer is very imaginative.

9k=

For some reason I tire easier reading the kindle. I miss turning pages and flipping back to check on something. So I punched home and started to sign off when I noticed an envelope, I thought ‘e-mail?’ Yes it was. I began to read comments sent to me via blogger. Can I answer some of the comments? Yes I could. Hey this is OK.

I was even able to put on a blog entry (short) and wrong, since I was thinking past Mother’s Day. LOL.

So being a brilliant person, who has sort of an idea of what a ‘tablet’ is, IS THE FIRE A TABLET?

41Xx9W8gdRL._SX425_

I notice some of you cool dudes put comments on the blog that says “sent from my iphone” or some other super smart device.  Shucks even Paula the Cowgirl does that and she has had a couple more birthdays than me.

So now I have a new toy, not just for my Bible and books but if I try long enough I might find out how to stay in contact away from the computer, who knows?

2014-02-25-518457MoxieGirlzPoopsyPetsPetDollAsstFW01 green-toys-tractor threeduckmodlstoysforchildrens-138918774748ngk

Toys have changed!

Oh before I sign off, has anyone heard from Lucy lately? I have been asked a couple times lately.  I miss picking at her, I know she was talking about celebrating her birthdays, I think the last was 83. I was always amazed how she worked out of the tech problems and always came out on top. I miss updates on Joe and The Spunky one.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

Thanks to all for the wishes for Matt and Kirsten. Yes we are very proud of them.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1937PackardSuper8Coupe-Rumbleseat

When I called up my car file, I said I was going to post the one the cursor sat on, This is the 1937 Packard.  For you that do not know, the Packard was part of the elite. Heading of the pack of top of the line cars: Cadillac, Lincoln, Imperial and Packard

12 comments:

Linda said...

Warm greetings from a baby boomer in Montreal, Canada. Toys sure have changed, and the prices are ridiculous as well. You have a very nice blog.

betty said...

Yes, I think the Fire would be considered a tablet :) It is amazing what the tablets can do. I like mine except writing comments can be a little tedious if one is used to a bigger keyboard for typing :)

betty

Lisa said...

I've yet to purchase a tablet of any kind. Id love one but for now Ill keep tapping away on my netbook. Love reading your post. Keep learning! Lisa

Paula said...

Nice that you and Sherry don't have to pack. I would like that because I don't think I know how to pack. plus I choose what to wear on the spur of the moment. I too miss that Lucy, hope she is okay.

TARYTERRE said...

You are the second person I know who has a Kindle Fire. they sound like nice tablets. I was thinking about Lucy just the other day wondering how she and Spunky are. If you find out something let us know.

Rick Watson said...

I read that book too. I really enjoyed it. I'm reading more on my iPad. It does take getting used to.
R

Jackie said...

Technology is a wonderful thing (if I can only begin to understand it!)
I do know that the iPhone puts that "sent from my iPhone" on outgoing messages itself. We don't have to add that. Sometimes, I even delete it....when I can remember.
A lot has been going on here, my friend.....a lot of sickness in my family.
But know that my thoughts continue to be with my blogging friends, and I am happy to be able to get back to my computer and send you a hello.
Hugs to you,
Jackie

Mevely317 said...

Whoa, you're talking to the wrong lady about technology. Heck, I've not progressed as far as a laptop. :)
Maybe I'm just rationalizing, but like you, I think I'd miss being able to turn pages.

So glad you're enjoying the book!

shirl72 said...

I am not real found of packing.
Since Jim's life was traveling
we packed lots..Then you had to
wait on your luggage when you get to your destination. There was few times they put it on another plane, you wait when it comes in they will
deliver it to your home.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Most of the people that I know that have tablets like your fire rarely use their computers. I don't have one but do have a very smart phone. Ha ! Glad you found some new ways to use yours. I think they would really be handy when you travel. I don't do much of that anymore but do have regular Kindle that I love to read books on. I rarely read a real book any more.

Sheila Y said...

I am playing catchup again. Rick had his ICD implanted last Thursday. I have the nook tablet, for reading and fun and games...ha. But I also have the regular nook with built in light, and just recently the regular kindle with built in light. They are better for just reading. The screens on the tablets tire my eyes out faster too. But I'm actually reading a real book at the moment...ha. I hope I live long enough to read all the books I already have. :-)) Take care, Sheila

Sheila Y said...

I am playing catchup again. Rick had his ICD implanted last Thursday. I have the nook tablet, for reading and fun and games...ha. But I also have the regular nook with built in light, and just recently the regular kindle with built in light. They are better for just reading. The screens on the tablets tire my eyes out faster too. But I'm actually reading a real book at the moment...ha. I hope I live long enough to read all the books I already have. :-)) Take care, Sheila