Sunday, May 17, 2015

Just Stuff

My good friend Joan (personal and Internet) out in Utah sent me some statements on getting old. Now Joan is one of the ladies who gave up her Christmas to give birth to a baby(SMILE).

Of the ones she sent, I liked these especially:

*******************************

****I don't need anger management. I need people to stop making me mad!

*****Old age is coming at a really bad time!

I really smiled at those.

*************************************

Oh, Sherry arranged a celebration.

100_1455 - Copy

100_1466

On Saturday night nite my wife invited all the family that could go,  out for a steak, in celebration of Our Grads and also for those who had not seen Jude Atticus Darnell. WE had about 16 show up.

100_1452 - Copy

  100_1458 100_1459   Matt and his Aunt Shirl… 

We must have eaten one of John’s cows from out there in Texas.The steaks were good and huge.  We ate at “The Woodshed”  in Stanley, NC.

100_1463

Sherry got beef tips and Shirl did salmon

100_1462100_1461

My steak on the left, Stephen’s on the right.

Another smile from Joan:

        ***** Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can & the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!

************************

Mark was our chauffer, and we  picked up Elmer. He is the oldest living person connected with our families. He was married to Sherry’s sister Lennie for over 50 years. After Lennie passed, and my oldest sister Kat became a widow, Elmer married Kat. So Elmer has been a brother in law to both of us. Now my sister has passed and he is a widower again. He will soon  turn 88.

On the way back from the Woodshed, Mark took us the scenic tour, passing some of the houses we had built. They did bring back a lot of memories. Mark became my #1 super after this one.

houses jack built scan0024
.
Sherry and I built this house for us, by ourselves.except heat and air.

****************************************************

There is some mirth in these two…

*******I'm going to retire and live off of my savings. Not sure what I'll do that second week.

********My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work

***************************************************

Thanks for coming by the log.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

This one is especially for Son Jack, who says if duct tape won’t fix it, throw it away.

********Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound! ******************* (You know the guy or gal don’t you?)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

chevy55 red white Hickory grove rd I wanted to stop at one house we built and offer them the price they paid for the house for their ‘55 Chevy.  But I knew they would turn me down. LOL

9 comments:

betty said...

What a fun celebration for the graduates! Glad so many could go and enjoy the time celebrating!!

betty

Mevely317 said...

Those steaks look amazing, Jack! What a wonderful gesture 'Sherry' made (smile).

Hope Jude Atticus at least was given a finger (or two) to sample those prime juices?

Those 'old' jokes are pretty good ...I can certainly relate to #2!

Jackie said...

A good time with family is a priceless treasure.
And...how wonderful to be able to go back and see the homes that you built. Walking back in time also puts a smile in my heart.
Sending you both warmest hugs,
Jackie

Paula said...

Lots of pretty pictures here today especially Sherry and Shirl. Must have been fun to drive by the houses you built.

shirl72 said...

What a good time we all had to
celebrate Matt's graduation and
especially with honors. I had enough food brought home to last
3 meals. They really pile on the food and it is delicious. Thanks
Brother for the celebrations.

TARYTERRE said...

Looks like you had a wonderful celebration with family. That food looks delicious. YUM! YUM!.

Rick Watson said...

That might be my favorite Chevy. Some folks go for the 57 and others for Corvettes, but it's hard to beat the 55 in my book.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I enjoyed all the pictures of your family get together. It's always good to celebrate good times with family. You made some new memories and got to enjoy an old one too with driving by your house. It's supposed to be another rainy day in Ohio, Hope you both have a wonderful Monday !

Vickie Jane said...

We had a wonderful time celebrating with all the family. The food was delicious. The steaks were hugh! Thank you so much. We had fun at our table. Your boys (my sweet cousins) are so much fun to hang out with. Love to you all!