Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Is the TV antenna down?

The first thing folks who have an RV with a TV learn is the RV is taller than a car. You must lower or pull in anything that protrudes.   Most RV parks have signs as you  leave. One sign says:

Thanks for staying with us, please come again.

4c86af11

The other sign reminds the driver by asking:

IS YOUR ANTENNA DOWN?

ARE YOUR STEPS IN?

   bus_lowclearance-206x300

Life is sorta like I heard a preacher in San Antonio say :

“Men, I can give the secret of how to remember your wife’s birthday…………………… Forget it one time!”

If you have time to see trucks and RV’s that were too tall:

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/2012/10/25/undefeated-worlds-toughest-bridge-in-durham-nc-video/

As below The antenna and a/c units are off, now it fits.

Too tall at times, but now it fits...

Usually when an RV’er forgets these once, they never forget  again.

On another vein, the evening before we were to leave for the mountains I was at the rear of our coach and noticed the tailpipe was  looking at me from the WRONG angle. Under it  I found the 4” steel tailpipe BROKEN off and dangling. I  cannot remember hitting anything.

Must fix it. The third auto parts store that was open  had the 4” muffler clamps. I was able to smooth the break by cutting the pipe and reinstall. After a couple hours we were good to go.

Then on the morning of our departure Stella and her mama came out to say good bye. I asked Stella if she wanted to ride up the hill in the motor home, BIG smile and YES! The coach was ready (?) and I raised the jacks and eased forwarded. I looked down at Stella and said, “Ask your Grandma if the antenna is down?” (I just ‘knew it was), I didn’t hear the ‘NO!’ from Sherry and nor did I hear her tell Stella to shake her head no! BUT in the mirror I did see a power line shaking  after it had ripped the TV antenna off the top of the coach! OUCH!

Oh well,  we did need a new one that will import the HD stuff (our sons watch TV while visiting).  Amazon was nice enough to agree to send us one, it is headed this way as I type. (smile)

No matter what your way of life is, some times there is a little bump (or two).

Nite Shipslog

PS:

The antenna might make our TV so good, I might watch it.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Do you have a favorite car from your past?

I loved this little one we had:

gtmoa scan0019

This was a ‘55 Nash Metropolitan.

12 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

I remember traveling with my parents in their RV and seeing those signs. I always wondered if people forgot anyway and drove right past the sign!

Sheila Y said...

Ouch! Well at least you will have a new antenna now. Have fun in the mountains! Sheila

betty said...

Oops! Great way to get a new antenna I would imagine! Glad it was "just" that and nothing more costly!

betty

Paula said...

Awww that was so nice to give Stella a ride. Hope you enjoy your new antenna and don't forget to secure it next time.

shirl72 said...

I think that goes along with age...what happened I have a spread to
type my comments. I want tell the things that happen to me that I forget until I pass it and say "Why didn't I finish that". All well
live and learn and do the best we can in an up-side-down-world...and
thankful we have made it to this age....

Rick Watson said...

Every day's a school day Jack :)
R

Mevely317 said...

That video is a panic! Great soundtrack.
I'd have loved to see the reactions on some of those drivers' faces when they crawled out of their cabs!

PS - It's so easy to get worked up about the little things ... love your 'let it be' attitude!

Dar said...

I just know you didn't have any of those more serious blunders....
I also know I miss being here and should return. I cannot believe it's been since Jan. and I haven't even got places like FB to blame...I hate that site but have been a busy lil bee...I loved all your entries I just finished reading...you and Sherry are looking so good and nice to see Lucy, Joe and Spunky too. Glad you got to visit.
LoveYouTwoSweethearts.
All is good up north where the big gardening has begun.
Travel Safe and love every second of it.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You did have a rough start there, but at least they were fixable and didn't stop your trip. Hope you have smooth sailing now.

Rose said...

Oh my, those pictures were frightening to view. Must have a check off list before leaving anywhere.

Safe travels.

Hugs to my favorite couple~

Unknown said...

I hate to be the one to have to say it, but that preacher in San Antonio was wrong. ;-
Sorry about the antenna. Hope the new one gets even better reception. There can be a bright side that way.
Enjoy the mountains!

TARYTERRE said...

Thank heavens the tailpipe was repaired. Hope your new antenna arrives soon. bet Stella will not forget her little drive up the hill.