Thursday, May 28, 2015

This and That



 I think I am putting the correct tag with the right car. We saw this one in BAngor Maine.

I have mentioned we are taking another trip with our sons in a couple months to the Badlands area. Below is one trip where they came to us. This was taken at Bar Harbor.  Strange how much more enjoyable the boys are to be around now (smile).  Sherry and I do hate they did not have the marriage we were fortunate to have, but they do have wonderful families. Now these boys are 'THE ODD COUPLE", Just like the TV series.

That is my Sherry relaxing in the Shelter entrance on the left.

The girl scouts above we ran into on the Rattle River in New Hampshire Just before we got to Maine.

Below is a family from Scandavia who were hiking South in Maine. Very nice folk.

This was a sweetheart, she was 83 years young and I met her in the hundred mile wilderness backpacking alone.


It will take me awhile to get used to posting this way again. I found the pictures at Picassa.
Nite Shipslog

Above is a desoto from the mid 1950's.
Below is an 8N Ford Tractor Many still working today from the 1940-50 time frame






11 comments:

Dar said...

Are the hike pics from this year already? No matter, just glad you both have the strength and fortitude. Pretty car from my little kid years. And the tractor too...Dad's still runs, it lives at the farm and was from the 40's...Eric gave it a tune-up and new paint job a few yrs back. You may have seen 'er. She's a beaut and I can still drive 'er.
Have a wonderful day from up north to you

Dar said...

LOL, ODD but Handsome, your boys. Have a wonderful time in the Badlands. I know you will.

betty said...

I heard on someone else's blog that they too were having trouble with Live Writer. I guess its a Blogger issue; they aren't supporting it any more? (I think that's what she said).

How sweet with that 83 year old lady hiking by herself! The stories she had to tell!

betty

Glenda said...

You two have the best looking family; starting with your parents and continuing on down the line! Mark has his Dad's face, especially the eyes, he says Jackie Jr. got his Dad's genius :) Sherry gets credit for his sparkling and sweet personality - those genes helped produce some gorgeous offspring. You're both to be complimented on their successes!!!

TARYTERRE said...

Your family vacations must be so much fun with your sons along. The Badlands will be exciting for sure. Always enjoy your hiking photos.

Paula said...

I'm glad we got to meet your sons along with you and Sherry even though it was a short time. All of you have a wonderful time again. So nice you can all hang out as adults.

Sheila Y said...

I enjoy looking at your different kids and grandkids and thinking this one favors Sherry, that one favors Jack. :-) You have a great family! I know you'll enjoy your trip together. Take care, Sheila

shirl72 said...

These computers do their own thing. My e-mail has changed, it will
tell my today, yesterday etc. I don't need that I can read the date.
I wish I was as smart as your son Jack, Jr. I wouldn't have a problem
with this computer. Of course I know I will not be a genius like him.
Walking at age 83.alone..mercy.

Rick Watson said...

Jilda and I want to go to the Badlands. It sounds like our kind of place.
R

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Nice to have plans for another trip with your boys. I always enjoy your pictures of the places you've been. Looks like a cloudy day here. We do need rain so I'm not complaining. Hope your Saturday is a good one !

Mevely317 said...

Love this picture of the four of you at Bar Harbor! I suspect that's true about parents enjoying their offspring more and more, once they get past the adolescent and teen years.

...just curious: Do you and Sherry keep in touch with those with whom you've meet on the AT? Or, is there more a philosophy of just enjoying the moment?