Saturday, March 3, 2018

Eleven Eleven, 11:11



Historical Photo:


                     Bright Angel trail 1902 grand Canyon

Here goes.........
I could continue about my early life. I had wonderful parents. Shirl and I were the ‘second litter’ so our parents were older than our peer’s parents. My brothers were away and winning WWII, before I entered the first grade. But I will skip ahead.  

 WE have lived in six states and Cuba, resulting in 17 or 18 moves to Permanent homes. Together we have visited 26+ countries traveling over a million miles when the RV’ing life is counted also. That is to all 50 states and most Canadian provinces. We have never been disappointed in the beauty of the world nor the people.

Sherry and I were blessed to be raised into adulthood by loving parents. I do not know what it would be like to be in an ‘unloving’ atmosphere.  We are blessed to be able to live about anywhere we would like. We have nice homes, we  augment our style with the rent from them. I guess we never got over a ‘small love nest’, since we started off in a 26x8 trailer.


A paragraph ago I looked back and my girl was in the bed, time to go tuck her in and get some  great kisses. I did. We have a standard ‘funny’, we are so regulated I tuck her in and am getting my kisses more times at 11:11 than any other time. Tonight with the last great kiss, I looked at the clock by the bed, it was 11:11, our magic time!


I know a lot of 1 & 2 lines of songs. A favorite around 11:11 . One of us will start:  
               You made me so very happy
Then the other will join in:
       I'm so glad you Came into my life

And we sing ALWAYS together:
       Thank you baby, Thank you baby
 (Blood, Sweat and Tears?)

The motor home fits us. Like most folk we have had our share of family problems. Kids and grands going OFF track.  But together we weather the storms. The Motor Home is our HOME, and home is where we park it. Not everyone can live in a small space, but it is us.
Nite Shipslog
PSStates?  I am starting with Alabama. It may bore folks from Bama, but I hope some of it will be interesting.
***    ***    ***    ***
Known as the Heart of Dixie, Alabama is a state in the southern United States. Named after a word that means "tribal town," Alabama became the 22nd state in the United States in 1819. Alabama's major cities include Montgomery, Birmingham, Mobile, Huntsville and Tuscaloosa. Its primary industries are agriculture, electricity production and mining. 

 
During the Civil War, Montgomery, the state capital, was the capital of the Confederate States of America. Because of this, Montgomery is known as the " Cradle of the Confederacy." It is also the birthplace of the Confederate Constitution, and where Jefferson Davis was sworn in as President of the Confederacy in Alabama.
 
Transportation at statehood:





8 comments:

jack69 said...

I was looking at the Historical picture. It looks like then Horses were used to go down into the canyon. Now it is only small mules. They are extremely sure footed and not as skittish as a horse I am told. Of course my mama and daddy preferred mules.

TARYTERRE said...

that 11:11 is a magical time indeed for the two of you. enjoy.

Mevely317 said...

I'll never look at 11:11 again without thinking of your special sweet ritual. Thank you so much for sharing your love story with us!

Historical photo: I've a similar photo somewhere (ca. 1965) when my parents and I rode the mules down the canyon on New Years Day. Came a blizzard of absurd proportions and we had to head back prematurely ... mother was so cross!

PS - I'm so eager to learn all I can about Alabama ... my new forever home!

Chatty Crone said...

I watched Billy Graham's funeral yesterday and his five children all remember him loving his wife - like you love yours.

They all turned out good like you!

You two are blessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love the thoughts of your magical time 11:11. I am delighted I've gotten to know the two of you through the posts on blogger. Your life style inspires me and also makes me just a little envious! Life is wonderful and I think that for you being together is what makes it so. Happy Sunday from a cold but sunny Ohio!

Back Porch Writer said...

I know in my heart that I would love the RV life. I want it badly. I love to travel and love the adventure and have since a child loved the idea of RV life. But it's not really anything that either of us have seriously entertained. So I watch this show on YouTube called "Keep Your DayDream" and I watch them on the TV screen. Love it. Check it out if not already. Glad you guys are doing well.

Dar said...

Your 11:11 could be any time of the day here....we just never know when the fancy will hit us. lol. I think your lifestyle is sweet as ever. It seems even when you're at your 'house' you still stay in the RV. What a wonderful life. I wish we still had our RV. The adventures were endless. By the way, it was great seeing your 'smiling face' this morning.
love n' hugs from up north where the snow storm is brewing......again.~!

Sheila Y said...

I associate 1s with my brother Ronnie who passed, 1:11 or 11:11 and such. One night Rick’s alarm clock suddenly started playing music and I went in and shut it off. I glanced at the time it was 11:11. And no the alarm isn’t set to music and definitely not that time of day or night. I blame it on Ronnie. Ha. Not much longer up here in the Carolinas. Take care, Sheila