Monday, May 4, 2020

Working, but also dreaming


Cars of beauty:
           1938 Bugatti  ... There was a time as a kid I thought Detroit supplied the world with cars. I never did see a foreign made car until the 50s I started seeing what we called the Beetle Bug.


I am continuing to work on my ‘under the deck storage’ area. Sherry says rain today is in the forecast. I ain’t ready for that. LOL

Our coach is always in view. I go in at times to look around, to make sure all is well; batteries charged, no leaks, ref is still on and turned to a just on temp, etc.

There is a bright star in our future, in a couple weeks we are off to the NC Mountains for a couple weeks. You must understand, our coach is still our legal home. Our official address is a Mail forwarding Service in Florida. It is still up in the air whether it will remain.  ??????

 It will be nice to walk on some mountain trails. We always find a way to get to the AT and catch a few hikers, maybe supply them with some ‘trail magic,’ i.e. a trip to town or some fresh water, maybe even a sandwich to go with their Ramein noodles.

Dreaming costs nothing. LOL
Stay safe,

Nite Shipslog                       

9 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's good to hang on to your dreams. A trip to mountains sound wonderful. Hope you find a place to park. Here the only campgrounds that are open are to seasonal site owners only. They qualify as a second home.

Woody said...

It is good you keep the RV Plugged in and "Ship Shape" and ready to pull out of Port !!! Sounds like a good trip to the Mountains up in NC ! I have been on the AT I remember once up on the Blue Ridge Parkway, walked 10 to 15 feet of it !!!
No Campsites open up here yet ! Have NOT been Fishing yet !!! Getting back to Nromal I guess what ever that is ?? You and Sherry Stay Safe and Healthy ! Love from the Great cool Northern New York, Gary an Anna Mae

Dar said...

Like my Daddy said so many times, " No one can take your dreams from you." He was so right. I miss him and his many wisdom words. Be safe even on the trails. An invigorating walk does the heart good. Will you still have contact with the boys, should need be? Our boat landings were all closed up until this past weekend of opener fishing season. Andy's family are huge into camping but the campgrounds are still closed as well as Hines Park where you and Sherry stayed while visiting us. It seems a lifetime ago. Stay safe and healthy on your ventures. Love you two.
loven'hugs from up north WI where I'll go to the woods today at the cabin while Big Bill is helping his son build a pavilion for his camper and boat.

Chatty Crone said...

I never thought about it but I bet you do have to keep an eye out on your RV and make sure everything is working.
So if your mail goes to Florida - how do you get it?

Mevely317 said...

You two are so considerate of those hikers! I suppose, having been in their boots, yours is a whole 'nother perspective. A trip to the mountains sounds like a real treat. Already, our air conditioner's begun it's annual marathon. But knock wood, it's still dry!

betty said...

A trip is a great thing to do Jack! I am sure it can be done safely and it will be a great adventure especially if you meet up with hikers along the way!

Betty

Susan Kane said...

Enjoy the ride! Seeing something green is always a source of joy.

Glenda said...

Wishing you safe travels and beautiful vistas on your mountain trip; hoping you have connectivity all the way. Was it only three years ago when I passed through those lovely mountain scenes when Jimmy and I got to have dinner with y'all at that wonderful seafood restaurant? Time flies, go for it and have fun holding hands with your bride :) Love and virtual hugs from Chobee, Glenda

Lisa said...

“If you do not chase your dreams, they will always be only dreams”.
The mountains sound like a nice plan. I can not get Nick to go to the mountains. We usually head to the coast around May 16th for my birthday but not sure about this time. It’s crazy down there right now. We have reservations for June and Aug though. Maybe I can get him to take me to the mountains for my birthday since we are not going East.

Nite
Lisa