Sunday, May 30, 2021

Finally on the Appalachian trail

Started walking at at Hot springs honestly I got north and south confused I asked a hiker in town which was north and south and he pointed north and I thought he was wrong haha. Anyway Sherry and Jack Jr brought me up we had lunch and I said goodbye and headed up the trail. I have only hiked three miles in three hours which is a mile an hour haha.I have met a few day hikers and a couple section hikers. Hot springs was very busy today I was really surprised.of course even in the short walk the views were beautiful and I am tired haha I hope this posts good night ships log from the Appalachian trail
This is a small section of the trail.

10 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You did 3 more miles than I could have done! Way to go.

Mevely317 said...

The smile on your face says it all!

betty said...

It looks beautiful on the trail! So glad this blog post posted!! You look great! Remember, slow and steady wins the race!

betty

Unknown said...

You're gonna sleep good tonight. And yup, you do look great. Be safe!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You are amazing. Take care.

God bless you.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love your walking sticks. They do make a difference. I agree, your happy face does say it all. Enjoy the trip on the trail and hope to hear more soon.

Dar said...

Your smile Does say it all. Keep your feet dry, pace yourself and remember your prayers. So proud of you and your calm courage.
loven'hugs from up north where we're so happy for you

Woody said...

Well, one foot in front of the Other, Head North and follow the white trail markers and Be Careful, see where it takes you, I haven't walked a Mile in a long, long time !! Take Care, sending you down Love and Inspiration !! Gary an Anna Mae

Glenda said...

What Betty said: "Slow and steady wins the race". Good to know you are back out there |~ it a beautiful trail. Have fun (you always do) and stay safe! Hugs from Chobee, Glenda

Woody said...

Checking in on the Progress and your Adventure, Kind of Jealous as I sit here in my Recliner on my Lazy Butt !!!!! Prayers for a Safe Hike !!! Love, Gary an Anna Mae