Thursday, May 20, 2021

 Memorable Automobiles from The Past:

 1955 brought along the cool paint jobs, Like this Olds 88


For today:

I took the Glass from this door I removed. I couldn’t see throwing it away.  I like to use what I can so, I thought a window in my latest storage area would be a great idea. Just a couple hours job to stick it into the wall.


(Below is the damaged door I removed, the glass panel was still good)


Ah ha,  like all my estimates since reaching the age of OLD people, it took much longer.  But I did get it in and cleaned up the area some. LOL



 

So now I have some light beaming thru into a hither to dungy area.

 

Plus I am tired. LOL

I should be making plans for my short backpacking trip. It is less than a month away. I am thinking about mid June.

NiteShipslog

6 comments:

Susan Kane said...

Where do you get the creativity and energy to do this??

Great accomplishment! A neighbor had a 1955 Ford station wagon, pristine, had not been driven in years.

betty said...

Looks great and so much light for you!! I think its a byproduct of aging that things take a bit longer than we think they will to get them done, but good for you for still plugging away!

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Clearly, you are very talented. I could not have done that.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

My goodness, that's some transformation! I'm scratching my head, figuring what size sledge hammer it took to make that big hole.
BTW, I really like the new font you're using.

Enjoy the day, dear friends! 💛

Dar said...

And now, rest a day at least. You and my Bill are so alike., never having idle hands. It's a wonderful thing when we get older, that we still Can do such things. Your transformation looks fantastic. What a fine idea. hmmm, there are window in the hayloft that could be used.............love what you do with your energy.
loven'hugs from up north where the sky is still overcast but at least, today, no rain. That'll be tomorrow. At this point, I'll wait another week before finishing planting my garden. :)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a wonderful way to repurpose that old door. The new window looks very nice and it's good to let the light in for sure. We throw away too many things that could be used over again. Recycling old into new is something I need to think about. I have too much old stuff.