Monday, May 3, 2021

It happened so FAST

 Memorable Automobiles from The Past:

 The 1939 Hansa

New when I was born, making me OLD!

For today:

For some reason lately I am around a lot of OLD people. ( :-O))…  99% of us old people act like we got OLD overnight.  We all say, it seems yesterday I was 35-40 and looking at many years ahead with the family.  Now my mind tells me, hey you are like the roll of toilet paper, it spins faster toward the end.

Down inside we all know we have lived every one of those years.  WE know we had 24 hours in every day just like when we were 15 years old. If the old person is in good health, and their mind is good they actually feel 10-15 years younger.

The problem with age is physical problems. Jack Jr, Sherry & I were discussing a friend of his and a friend of a friend. The man is near 95, the family has moved away and he sticks around home. He says weeks at a time no one stops by to say hello. The one down side of living into your 80-90s is your peers have mostly made that final journey.

Yep, I think about age a lot. I was telling my son, I do not want to have the title of the ‘Oldest Man In the World’.

“WHY?” you may ask. Well I will tell you. The guy that attains that title or record, doesn’t hold it long.  LOL

Take care, be safe, grow old and enjoy the great grands (OR GRANDLOVES as friend Dar says!).  If you do not have a favorite writer, find one.  Get a good rocker or swing and travel in your mind using the book. Do some cross word puzzles or find someone to play dominoes with. Let’s not become an old scrooge, let’s live to the end and be READY to meet our Maker with no regrets.

So you didn’t get to the moon, but your smile may change someone’s life.

 I hope you smiled.....

NiteShipslog

7 comments:

betty said...

That did make me smile about the wife scheduling the appointment, LOL. You gave great advice, Jack, on how to live at any age but especially as we get older. It does go by so fast even when you don't think it will. And this year is flying by too!

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Very wise advice here, Jack. Thank you so much.

God bless.

Lisa said...

Cute post. I like the toilet paper example of old age.
I feel age creeping up on me. I will be 52 years old on the 16th. I thought I was only going to be 51. Now Im wondering where that extra year went.

From over here
Lisa

Mevely317 said...

TRUTH! That's heartbreaking about JJ's elderly friend. Makes me think there are more than a few like him out there, feeling forgotten. 😢
Sometimes I get to thinking something or another took place a few months ago ... when it's more like a few decades. All I have to do is look at my son and his girls. Even the little guy I used to babysit is nearing Social Security eligibility. Don't blink!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Very good advice. We must enjoy all our days and live them to the fullest. Getting oder only means getting better to me. We must keep active and that does include our minds. I love life in the slow lane, no place I'd rather be.

Jackie said...


May 4, 2021
Hi my friend. I wanted to check in with you and see how you and yours are doing. You have been so faithful to blog.
Continued blessings and good health to you both.
Sending love,
Jackie (Teacher's Pet blog)

Chatty Crone said...

You are so smart and wise - you get me thinking!