Tuesday, May 18, 2021

NIce

 One of my Favorite cars from the 1950s:

We did buy a 1955 Chevy once for $50 but it did not look like these!

For Today:  Sometimes it is the small things that make you feel good. Friend Melvin came by to apologize for the weekend problems.  He had some time. I asked if he knew anyone to pressure wash the back deck. "Yeah, Me!"

"When?"

"NOW!"

"DO IT!"

We laughed he drove to get his washer and returned. The job was completed in less than a hour.  It would have taken me at least twice that long, it is a big deck.

He got through, "What do I owe you?"

"Nothing, this one is on me."

He has a family to support and needs to earn his way and does. It would have cost me  to rent a machine, then time to do the job and it would not have been as good as he did. Of course I paid him well.

The nice thing is the deck is 25 years old, was absolutely black, Sherry keeps saying, "I love to look out the door at that deck now."

Before:




After:
Looking off the deck to our picnic area, I painted the birdbath on the right a fresh blue! LOL (I am working!)
I like this house and the woods, but I see the coach from the deck too, it calls out, When do we leave????

I really do miss living in the coach. We were mobile for over 20 years, it was a pleasure living in 325 sqft with a pretty lady!


But I guess this is home now, my sights are on my short hike in June. I hope to do about 100 miles back packing. That test will probably kill or encourage the long hike. (I bought my groceries for that short hike, Ramein noodles and cheese crackers. LOL)

Nite Shipslog


6 comments:

Woody said...

I Like the Pictures, Deck looks good after the Pressure wash. We did ours last year then used a paint stain on it and it came out nice. The neighbor lady did the Pressure Wash for us, she loved doing it and would not take anything for doing it !
.
Time to wash up after playing in the Garden ! You take it easy, Sending down Love from the Warming up North ! Gary an Anna Mae !

betty said...

Melvin did a great job with the deck! Glad he came through on something! 100 miles seems like a doable test for your hiking! Not sure how long I would last on Ramen noodles and cheese crackers though!

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

So nice to have friends who help each other.

God bless you all.

Mevely317 said...

The deck looks great! I'm glad to know Melvin came by to apologize and make amends. I'm sure your coach does miss y'all. Maybe you can take a nap there every once in a while?

Dar said...

I like looking out at your washed deck too. It's a monumental job here with the big deck. I'm still hoping it will be cut in half with a new 4 season sunroom on the other half. Then we can watch the deer grazing in the evening without becoming mosquito snacks. Good luck on your 'short' hike. You are about the only guy in our generations that could do it that I know. :-) I'd be the one sitting at your firepit by your woods watching the fire flicker. lol
loven'hugs from up north where the rain is falling on my garden...not yet done planting...tomorrow

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How nice your friend showed up to make amends. The deck looks like brand new. Pressure washing makes a difference for sure. You can't beat a good friend like that one.