Friday, May 21, 2021

I hope I can carry my pack

 Memorable Automobiles from The Past:

 1985 AMC  EAGLE


For today:

I have been preparing my pack for a short 100 mile trek. I got it down to about 35 pounds.  I have 10 days of food in it except for ‘snack candy’ that I will have to add. I will be surprised if I stay below 40 lbs counting water.

I walked about 200 yards with it on today, It sure seems heavier than it did a few years ago. LOL

I doubt if I can hone it down much but I will still try. I will try the short hike in a few weeks. I haven’t looked at a calendar maybe I should now.

Looks like June 13 or 14 might be good. If Jack Jr is still here maybe he can ride with us up to Hot Springs and have me on the trail midafternoon. Then he could drive mom back to Belmont.

 

I haven’t talked to her yet. I will do that on our walk this evening.

Nite Shipslog.

7 comments:

betty said...

Sherry doesn't know you are doing this? Water is heavy; not sure how much you have to bring but I'm thinking that could add more weight than you want to what is already what I consider a heavy pack to carry?

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

How very adventurous of you. You're very brave.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

Dang, Jack ... you're making my own back hurt. Not sure I could even lift 40 lbs.
Wiating to hear (like Paul Harvey), the REST of the story!

Dar said...

I've got to hand it to you. You're quite the trooper. A 40# pack on your back for 100 miles is no small feat. We wish you a safe, healthy, enjoyable hike. May God guide your steps. Guess who's taking 'steps' today to get his high school diploma......yep, your buddy, Sy. We are so proud of him as he embarks on a new adventure.
loven'hugs from up north, yes, still overcast. I'm waiting for at least a 2 second glimmer of sunshine today.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Water is probably the heaviest thing to carry, but you have to have it so you'd better practice carrying that pack. Stopping to rest when you need it. It takes awhile to build up muscles you aren't used to using. Glad you a planning a practice hike. Keep well and keep safe. Remember practice makes perfect.

Chatty Crone said...

Wow - that is awesome! Good luck hope Sheri says okay!

Woody said...

WoW, You better get to talking !!!!!!! As Forrest said, "An that's all I have to say about that" ! Good Luck ! Gary an Anna Mae