Sunday, May 23, 2021

Men and women, life’s problems

 

Memorable Automobiles from The Past:

 1986 Caddy


For today:

I was asked one time what my biggest problem was, at the time all was going well so I said, “I don’t have any!”

The retort I have never forgotten was:

Quote: “If you don’t have a problem, you are dead!”

I guess that is correct, but I have had so many ‘small’ problems that I considered them ‘nothing’ at the time. So there are big problems and little problems.

I remember hearing a ‘story’ once of a conversation:

Joe: I’m having some problems with my wife on deciding what make of car we should have, whether we need 4 door or a hard top.

Tommy: Me ‘n Joanie made a BIG decision when we were married. We agreed, She would handle the small decisions and I would handle the biggies.

Joe, Really, you have been married now about 15 years how has it worked out.

Tommy: No problems yet, we have held to that, and it has worked.  We do ask the other’s advice, but THE decision is still the original agreement.

Joe: What are some of the small decisions Joanie makes?

Tommy: She has decided the color of our cars, the make etc. She also picked the house and neighborhood. Oh yes, and the colleges the kids would attend. She picked my Chevy pickup too!

Joe: WHAT? You must be crazy. WHAT in Heaven’s name are big ones?

Tommy: Mine are tough dude, I decide on Wars, nuclear disarmament agreements, or if WEED should be legal. Oh yes and I named the dog!

ME? Here?....... I decide what you read on tonight’s Blog!  Tough day huh?

Nite Shipslog.

PS: And here you thought I was gonna talk about going bald and wrinkles!  ;-)

6 comments:

betty said...

Bet Tommy is still married :) Cute story!

betty

Mevely317 said...

Hahahaha! There are days I wish Tom and I'd made a similar agreement. 🙃
To me, naming rights for the dog carry a lot of weight.

Cute close. Freedom of choice is a huge blessing!

Lisa said...

I am like you. I never really have a big problem. We found a soft spot on top of the camper last time we visited it. Nick thought it was a bigger problem than I did. We just all RV Rescue and he took care of the damage in about 30 minutes.

Most of the time around here, I come up with ideas and he makes the decision if it gets done or not.

Off to work
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've always thought marriage should be a 50/50 proposition. An it's more give than take for sure. Still there is nothing better for sure. Cute stories about your friends. It've figured out problems are only opportunities to better myself.

Dar said...

I Love 'MA's' statement about problems being opportunities to better oneself. She's a smart cookie! Around here, it all depends on the 'problem.' We are famous for saying, "the problem is..." before we usually work it out together. He usually wins so, hmm, I guess not together after all. Our most recent was over an edge on the raw slab table we made together. I never asked the 6pak's (us, 2 brothers, a sister and mom) opinion but they were like a pack of hyena's agreeing with my man, of course. I'm so used to not being heard. You'd think that by now, I'd thru up my hands...I do stand firm. lol
For the most part, we do agree to disagree and be happy about it.
loven'hugs from up north where it's raining again, overcast and chilly. Someday our spring will come to stay.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great story, Jack. I enjoy visiting your blog and like the photos of cars. Thanx.

God bless.