Monday, May 17, 2021

Greed, fear or ignorance

 today's auto is a 1957 Ferrari :


Thoughts for today:

North Carolina has over all mild weather. But you can count on it, that if a storm warning flies in the weather report, the stores will be out of bread and milk QUICK.  (I read where someone said, "Folks must have a milk Sandwich!"). I mean this is not like Dar,  Gary and some more of your areas where you just MIGHT GET SNOWED IN for days.  I have never understood the mindset!

And YES,  toilet paper still has me boggled.

We just came out of a gas shortage here on the East coast. We were told it was temporary, but people went berserk, some even trying to pump gasoline into garbage bags!!!!

Flashe on the news was a picture of a big expensive Hummer completely burned out because he was hauling 4, 10 gallon containers inside the vehicle.

Now for some reason there is a 'lumber shortage'. .......

I'm puzzled, is it Greed, fear or ignorance?????

5 comments:

Mevely317 said...

I'm going with IGNORANCE. Scary to realize, they walk among us.
Just in case, I'm gonna start stockpiling coffee ...and wine.

betty said...

I know a handyman who can't keep up with the price of lumber. He gives an estimate and the price then goes up for supplies needed. Very frustrating for him!

I like Myra's comment. I might want to stockpile the same with coffee and wine :)

I did see some of the pictures of what people were putting gas into over your way. Seems to me there should have been people monitoring them at the pumps, at least for safety purposes :)

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

All three - fear, greed and ignorance. At least it is here where I am.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I tend to agree on all three. And once the prices go up they don't come back down either. Someone is definitely making money on the scare.

Dar said...

LOL, Jack, we are so used to getting ' snowed in ' that it's a challenge to get to town for bread and milk., just put'er in 4-wheel drive and go for it.
It may sound foolish but it really is no more foolish than believing in every scare tactic out there. Gas shortages, however, cut into everyone's livelihood as well as canning lids shortage for we gardeners. We learned that the shortage is real and we won't be canning our produce this year. The government is wanting us to depend totally on them and in the same breathe, they want us to be independent. Again, it doesn't make a lick of sense. That's politics for ya. Damned if we do and damned if we don't. grrrr
loven'hugs from up north where the sun was hot, humid and helping us cut back on what we grow in our gardens this year. Oh my!